Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

Article about: 2020 is almost over thankfully. Hopefully 2021 will be better finally letting us return to normal.. Despite all that has been going on, I have still seen many great helmets purchased this ye

All great helmets so far, gone to good homes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    All great helmets so far, gone to good homes!
    Waiting on your haul this year Andy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yep, already some really nice ones from everyone. Michael i forgot about that polizei - for me personally that will take some beating.
    Andy - you have quite a few to choose from - nice problem to have

nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    ....Michael i forgot about that polizei - for me personally that will take some beating.
    The Polizei was a very lucky find as you remember.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’m with Nick. The police is great and tough to beat + the local story along w it. And I thought my polizei was pretty darn minty.

Great contributions from everyone!
    Z

***not “minty” ... “top shelfy” was the adjective I was looking for

2020 was the year where I promised to myself I’d buy fewer helmets, and then COVID hit and I vowed not to buy any fearing that a helmet might go MIA! As it turns out, I broke both promises. I ended up buying 7 German Stahlhelms and one actually ended up KIA (Kept In Airport). It was hard deciding what to show as I quite like them all but I guess the rejects can be shown in the 2020 Pickups

First up was this scare NJ62 steel banded M16 reissue manufactured by Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke, Schwerte i/ Westf, who only made Imperial steel German helmets in size 62. The helmet is named in the rear skirt and has had a very nice coat of feldgrau paint brush applied.
    2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

Next up was this M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64 helmet, all complete with an early bird droop tailed straight leg Luftwaffe decal in nice condition. The helmet shows lots of hard use however the decals have remained in great condition. I’d had my eye on it for over a year and eventually bit the bullet and made a deal with the seller. The helmet had been in his collection since the early 60’s when he purchased it from a veteran. It was a long stressful 9 week wait for this one to arrive and it allegedly sat in a shipping terminal somewhere in China for around 7 weeks. Then suddenly when I’d lost all hope I received a message to say it had landed in Australia. A huge relief!
    2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

There were the two i remembered clearly, and the two i expected you to pick.
    The Bell NJ62 is so nice - for me definitely your best pick of 2020.

nick

MAP
    ?

Two great helmets Andy. Tough to pick. You did very well this year.

Some excellent contributions here gents!

Below is my favourite from this year.

A relic helmet found on the positions of the 7 Kp, SS PzrGren Regt 23 'Norge' , part of the SS Nordland division, south of the Kinderheimhohe near Narwa. This regiment saw heavy combat around the Narwa bridgehead and later the Tannenberg Positions, with the 2nd Btl taking awful casualties, some companies being reduced to a handful of men.

A stark reminder of a battle often overlooked by historians of the Eastern Front.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year   2020 German Steel Helmets of the year  

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year  

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast