Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

Article about: 2020 is almost over thankfully. Hopefully 2021 will be better finally letting us return to normal.. Despite all that has been going on, I have still seen many great helmets purchased this ye

Stunning helmet.

I find these helmets intriguing, heard/read a lot of stories from my local area during the occupation years, and it seems that the combat police or ''grune polizei'' (as people called them here) were quite notorious, especially during the last years of the war.

I know of at least a couple of houses in my small village that were brutally raided at night by the SD accompanied by combat police.

For some reason not many have survived the war? they do not come up for sale that often it seems to me.

EDIT: this was a reply to map's polizei helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year
    P
    Many

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    That's cool as heck Aldo. Really neat. Did you get them from the same source or from different sources? It would be wild if you got one from one source and then the other from another continent or something crazy like that.
    Todd, I got them from two different sources within a few days of each other from dealers here in the U.S. The ND Quist rear stamp helmet thread piqued my interest and I started looking for a nice example but ended up with two.

M40 Q66 ND rear stamp

MAP
    ?

Quote by MoparJW View Post
    Stunning helmet.

I find these helmets intriguing, heard/read a lot of stories from my local area during the occupation years, and it seems that the combat police or ''grune polizei'' (as people called them here) were quite notorious, especially during the last years of the war.

I know of at least a couple of houses in my small village that were brutally raided at night by the SD accompanied by combat police.

For some reason not many have survived the war? they do not come up for sale that often it seems to me.

EDIT: this was a reply to map's polizei helmet
    Thanks. I was lucky the last year and a half. Picked up three nice examples. Two M35's and an early M40.

Many of these guys needless to say we're not good men.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok here's my offering.....one "old" looking and one "minty" looking.

Minty Berndorf first.........Austrian is cutting the German definition a bit fine depending on your weltpolitik....

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

Second entry combines what to do with a rusty m40 and a horticultural potting issue. If falschirmjaeger lids are ok for plants in Crete then Army lids are ok for cacti in Kent !

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

regards

Tony

MAP
    ?

Wow...a beautiful Berndorf. Rarely seen in the wild!

And a flower pot is a unique but accepted entry

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing exotic, but both relatively rare. I like reverse decal helmets and the one piece SA in BLUE was a find! I had my eye on the Beaded Luftwaffe piece for a long time, and when the prior owner offered it I jumped. I have another interesting piece in the pipeline that I may or may not get this year. If it comes in I reserve the right to substitute it for one of these LOL. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year   2020 German Steel Helmets of the year  

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year   2020 German Steel Helmets of the year  

Last edited by helmet2id; 12-05-2020 at 11:19 PM.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Jim

You certainly always surprise us with unique finds. Never run of the mill helmets!
    Last edited by MAP; 12-06-2020 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo

Hi Guys

Not necessarily my best condition helmet (or KM Decal) at all but just the way I found this one out of the woodwork made it special to me.... Also I didn't post it anywhere for authentication beforehand or consult with friends about it. I Just wanted to sink or swim with this one and put what I had learned to the test. And it turned out to be a nice textbook M35 SE64 KM. Also my 1st KM so has a special place for me. Thanks guys and thanks for being a really nice community (Helmet came w out a Tie String)
    Z

••I posted my whole collection from this year below ......

The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German

Forgot about this one Zach! A very nice helmet indeed and despite the damage to the decal it still has a great look to it. Very nice crazing on the decal and super golden tone. This was a great pickup.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Hi Guys

Not necessarily my best condition helmet (or KM Decal) at all but just the way I found this one out of the woodwork made it special to me.... Also I didn't post it anywhere for authentication beforehand or consult with friends about it. I Just wanted to sink or swim with this one and put what I had learned to the test. And it turned out to be a nice textbook M35 SE64 KM. Also my 1st KM so has a special place for me. Thanks guys and thanks for being a really nice community (Helmet came w out a Tie String)
    Z

••I posted my whole collection from this year below ......

The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German
    From Padawan to Jedi Master

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast