Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

9-43 RBN Real?

Article about: Dear DerKerl, Thank you for the info. Very interessting. I have to admit I thought it's a copy at the first glance, because of this excellent state of the helmet. Thanks for the thread: Now

Dear DerKerl,

Thank you for the info. Very interessting. I have to admit I thought it's a copy at the first glance, because of this excellent state of the helmet. Thanks for the thread: Now I know it better.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 9-43 RBN Real?
    P
    Many

I prefer the combat look myself, but nothing wrong with a mint condition helmet. I buy them too if the price is right. That's opposite of most collectors, of course. That's the best condition M42 ND I've ever seen. It has to be worth a good premium in that condition.

I usually highly prize an exceptionally good condition collectible. In these helmets, for me, the large size is also a big plus as the majority I see are much smaller. I think that most European people, at that time, on the average, were much smaller than we are now. Plus, the Wehrmacht was dipping into a much younger population to man the front as the war went on. As much as I hate to think about it some of the collectors out there like to put the stuff on. I am well past putting a military uniform on size wise. But I can still put the hats on if they are big enough. I can then imagine what the poor sods went through who whore these. I was in the US Army "D" Company, 1st Battalion, 11th Infantry attached to the 1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Motorized) in Northern "I" Corps of the Republic of Viet Nam 1971-2 and still have bad dreams about it and can't stand to have the trappings of that around me. I have collected WW2 and older stuff that is separate and removed from all that in both space and time both before and after my combat service. I really like to find that little special thing out there. I do the Seattle area gun shows on the weekends because that is about all I can do any more. Getting out there and talking to the other collectors, doing a little buying and selling and learning about the hobby keeps me active. This online thing is new but now keeps me going during the week. Thanks guys for all your knowledge and help. I can only hope that I can add to the knowledge base is some small way. Thanks again, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 9-43 RBN Real?  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3