Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Advice on m40 helmet

Article about: I have come across this m40 helmet for \\$300 us, the seller claims that it retains 99% of its original textured paint, the leather liner is not original but the liner band is apparently untou

Default Advice on m40 helmet

I have come across this m40 helmet for $300 us, the seller claims that it retains 99% of its original textured paint, the leather liner is not original but the liner band is apparently untouched. Just after opinions on authenticity and whether this is a good deal. Thanks
    Advice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmetAdvice on m40 helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice on m40 helmet   Advice on m40 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on m40 helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hi Diekresse,

The shell looks like a good mid-late war rear marked Quist, But the price is a little steep for just a shell. You can get a complete ND Quist with a liner and chinstrap for around $450-500.

Alex

A bit pricey for a bitzer like this. Is that traces of a name on the inside of the rear skirt?

I think the helmet is good looking and the price is, if you want it, okay, while slightly overpriced.
    A complete liner costs arround 150 and a chinstrap arround 75, if we consider that only the leather part is missing it misses arround 200 Euros of parts for a complete helmt, and as stated before that is an acceptable price for an complete helmet.
    I would, if you buy it, leave the helmet as it is at it is still a nice exibition piece.

I will only echo what others have said.. For $300 you're getting a shell,, for a little more you could invest in a complete helmet..

The choice is yours though...

Smitty

The only thing that is missing is the leather, so it is not just a shell as I see others write. It is has the original linerband and unopened rivets. That is a big deal. It is a nice helmet with a great patina.
    I found something similar last year , with that I mean missing the leather.
    Camo Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Try to get it down to 250.