Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Camo Colors/Shades

Article about: From my research there tend to be 3 main variations with minor color differences in between… 1. The faded out and sandy rough texture tropical tan. Seen in Southern Italy/Possibly Russia?

?

Default Afrika Korps Camo Colors/Shades

From my research there tend to be 3 main variations with minor color differences in between…

1. The faded out and sandy rough texture tropical tan. Seen in Southern Italy/Possibly Russia?

2. The “Afrika pink” tropical tan color- These seem to be more common and used primarily in Southern Italy but also in Africa?

3. The DAK Tan Paint scheme- It has a reddish/yellow hue and sometimes appears darker- From what I understand this paint scheme is associated only with Africa-while only applied there, it could be seen in other places as soldiers were sent to Europe to repel the invasion.

Keep in mind I am just learning about camo helmets, beyond identifying decals and liners,I know little about these helmets. I am just getting into them. Am I way off base here on my assessment? Im really trying to get to the bottom of what is a true DAK helmet. My thought is that there is no way of truly knowing a helmet was in Africa without having exact provenance proving so. Is this true?

- - ------- - -

See attached link for photos in the order that I reference the helmets

https://imgur.com/a/cZByM1w

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Camo Colors/Shades
    P
    Many

Copy the pictures and give credit to the source. Links can eventually die making the thread useless.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

For those with access to GHW. Here is the same thread.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)