Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another Camo for Opinions if you would

Article about: Another online dealer selling what appears to be a nice one BUT I don't know a lot but learning quickly. Thank you in advance.

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Here’s a link to a thread about fakes. Check out the camo on page 4. It’s frightening how good these fakers are and they need to be as it’s big money.

Fake German Steel helmets
    They're amazing, so authentic looking.

That would quantify half then I've what I've seen of people's collections here and elsewhere.
    I don't yet find this country anywhere near as bad as Europe or the US regarding anything made to deceive in the collectable world or arts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Camo for Opinions if you would
    P
    Many

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Not sure what to make of the liner, kind of looks like an aged repro to me but I could be wrong.
    Luis
    I am by no means sure about the camouflage or the liner, which appears to have a 1943 Reichsbetriebsnummer 0/1305/0327? Very feint, but the number is correct (not made up).

No brainer fake.
    The close ups and the wrong inside paint tell you all you need to know.

Yes, that much is true, but I have repro liners and they have exactly the same stamp, so with liners that have this exact stamp "6-43 RB Nr. ..." I'd always be cautious.
    Though, there will obviously also be original leather pieces that bear this stamp, but this exact stamp is faked very much.
    Also repro liners that have this marking are mostly B&C Litzmannstadt 1943, do not have the stitching go up all the way on the leather tongue even though the way they are put together they should have ( I know that originals do not always have it go up all the way but then they are aligned at the end in a way that it would not be possible anyway) and most easy to tell is that the inner rings on which the leather is attached are almost exclusively blued, not galvanised with zinc of painted, just blued, and that was never done back in WWII.
    Now, this liner is quite rusty but I think I could see remnants of bluing on one of the pics where the liner springs are shown.
    Luis

Edit: On this liner the faker went to the effort to make the stitching go up all the way ( something I also do when I get these repro liners because it just looks better and is more correct) But the thread used does not look right.

And another original shell ruined.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    No brainer fake.
    Just saw this thread after a brutal day at work...

I'm with Frank on this.

A nice attempt that will fool some but not a high end fake IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with all...post war nonsense
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    No brainer fake.
    Agree. For me it was bad at one look.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2