Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another look at Normandy lid:)

Article about: by Tom Bennett Hello, Thanks for your reply.It does have plenty of ware and you can see it in the close up of the painted out decal.I know the other digital pics can show it to look too fres

Default Another look at Normandy lid:)

Hello guys,
    Well seeing some called my Helmet an over painted chech black lid which it is NOT (started by another lid on the same site) i thought i'd take some outside shots showing grey under the paint (not black!).I know it looks a bit fresh in these digital pics but thats Technology for you.It actually has good age and ware to it with heaps of character.You don't get that with repro lids! Who in their right mind would put fake cammo over an original SD lid for goodness sake guys.Think about it before you reply as there are real Helmets out there believe it or not and not all are fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another look at Normandy lid:)   Another look at Normandy lid:)  

Another look at Normandy lid:)   Another look at Normandy lid:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another look at Normandy lid:)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another look at Normandy lid:)

Hers another shot of decal combined with my other original lid without cammo in the same dark grey for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another look at Normandy lid:)   Another look at Normandy lid:)  

Tom. If ur happy with it. Then that's all that counts. I'm not converse with the other thread (must have missed it) but it sounds as if ur trying to get members to change their minds.......BTW isn't it a q. Lid?

Hello,
    No not change their minds but point out that some comments were confused with another lid on the same sellers site.I may ask Ade to remove them as they should be gone and not relivant to our discussion.Yes its a Q62 with low batch number.I think the other one is an EF66

Cheers mate!

Tom

The other thread is still there and was good but i revealed the name of the seller in a reply which started everything off and went bad.Jusy think its sad when that happens as i was looking forward ro placing my best lid on here for others to enjoy instead of argueing about originality.I was'nt asking a question like "is it real" because i know it is but just showing off a Helmet

Not changing minds but correcting wrong comments is the right thing to do when confussion sets in about black.

Tom

I see nothing wrong with your helmet, Tom. I don't believe I saw the other thread, but it is not necessary. I would love to have a camo like yours in my collection. Nice darkening and patina to the original paint and good looking camo scheme, IMHO.

Hello Tom,

I personally don't think there is anything to question here

rgds, Ty

Hi guys,
    Many thanks for your kind comments.I know we can't please everyone but thats not my intention.The Helmet does have a nice feel about it and theres nothing in the way of red flags here

Cheers

Tom

If that's not a real period camo I'll eat my hat or even my own camo lids.

Thankyou reichss,
    Yeah me too. I am convinced its real and will eat my hats also if prooven otherwise
    Cheers mate

Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast