Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    There are real examples of BSP helmets on civic shells as well as M18 style shells such as my example. The problems with the helmet that started this thread, and the helmets depicted in posts 15,16,17,18 and 58 are the decals. Since this thread started 5 years ago I have seen 2 black M18 civic style helmets with single 7 hole pepper pot vents at shows, each virtually identical to the one that started this thread. Both had decals identical to the decals on the helmet in post 1. In hand, the composition of the decals on those examples was palpably different than the composition of the decals on my example, the one that Al B. now owns, and the 2 other original examples that I have examined in hand. The graphics and print techniques were also quite different. Since this thread started 5 years ago, and since my first post on this thread, I have gradually come to the conclusion that every one of the BSP helmets that I have held or seen in pictures that is a black, M18 civic style shell, with single 7 hole pepper pot vents, and adjourned with these decals, is, regrettably, a reproduction. This opinion has been fortified by the information from Munich in posts 56 and 60. It is, however, just my 2 cents, which, if you ask my wife, aren't worth a penny. Cheers, Jim G.
    Jim , I agree completely. Never really dived into Bahnschutz helmets until I scored mine 2 weeks ago. I have literally read all Bahnschutz helmet topics on 3 forums during my holiday :-) It is very clear , all the black civic ones I saw had fake decals and different design as compared to all the grey overpainted helmets M18/M34 which are authentic. Last year or 2 years ago a French collector on GHW found 2 Bahnschutz helmets out of the woodwork. An M18 overpainted with BS decals and a black transitional with Heer decals.

It's certainly a lesser known decal but if one is familiar with the construction of period German decals the fakes are Obvious. Under the microscope the Bahnschutz decal is exactly like any Heer , SS or other period decal.

Old topic I know ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

Frank , You hit a home run with that M34 BSP helmet, it is a beauty! Jim G.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8