Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The black ones - M35 SD black camo's

Article about: One of my fixations of 2021 , I got 1 last year and it triggered some sort of black helmet frenzy. I knew 1 other for sale and got that one too and a few days later someone told me about a b

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Really interesting thread schwerpunkt, thank you. Funnily, the first stahlhelm I ever owned was a black-painted no-decal shell (SE62) with a rather ugly post-war liner, picked up in a tiny antique shop in an alleyway in Prague for like 50 euro at the time (must be fifteen years or more ago now). I always assumed it was just post-war painted. When I get the chance I might take some photos of the shell, even if it's just for you guys to laugh at!
    If the liner has changed it is possible that it is post war Czech used helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The black ones - M35 SD black camo's
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    If the liner has changed it is possible that it is post war Czech used helmet.
    Interesting. For what it's worth, here it is, complete with its fantastic fake-leather-and-pink-cardboard liner (marked 55, 'Drutex Praha').

I apologise in advance for sullying a thread of such beautiful, rare items.

?

Just doing some quick reading, and yes, these were re-issued to the Czech civil defence in the 1950s with a coat of black paint and cheap liners as you see here. Oh well; still my first real stahlhelm, and will remain on my shelf. I shall excuse myself, and let this interesting thread continue with the real deal.

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Just doing some quick reading, and yes, these were re-issued to the Czech civil defence in the 1950s with a coat of black paint and cheap liners as you see here. Oh well; still my first real stahlhelm, and will remain on my shelf. I shall excuse myself, and let this interesting thread continue with the real deal.
    I suspected as much , the wartime blacks were only painted up to the liner band , so under the leather the factory or reissue paintjob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3