Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

Article about: I like to restore helmets, rescue them from destruction and carelessness. I have a chance to pick up a helmet at a very decent price; its complete but some artist painted it gold. I think it

Default Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

I like to restore helmets, rescue them from destruction and carelessness. I have a chance to pick up a helmet at a very decent price; its complete but some artist painted it gold. I think it is model M40, but I might be wrong. On top of that the selling person is not able to see any production numbers which raises a red flag to me.

Please let me know what you guys think, and like always thank you for help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)
    P
    Many

What's a "very decent price?"

$200

?

Couldn't the gold paint have filled/covered the production number? I believe that this sometimes happened during the re-issuing process, so it could be the case here as well.

Quote by Reich View Post
    Couldn't the gold paint have filled/covered the production number? I believe that this sometimes happened during the re-issuing process, so it could be the case here as well.
    Posibility, but the inside is untouched..........

?

I think it's a M35.

?

You can try to get off the gold paint and recover the original paint and maybe a decal.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    You can try to get off the gold paint and recover the original paint and maybe a decal.
    That is my plan, im just worried about lack of production numbers. It does not look like spanish helmet or reproduction but I'll not know untill I'll see it in person.

Some early M-35s were not marked. I have one. There were some made for export that did not have markings. Others who know more please chime in. NH

If in doubt...back out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast