Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cammo M42 for discussion

Article about: HI guys, this was sold here in Australia last week for AUD\\$1000 ( USD\\$750 ) and I thought it would be a good discussion helmet seeing as that cammos are so divisive.... what do you think? ..

That liner looks aged. And the paint around the decal is dubious to me but as other will attest I'm not expert. My mind keeps flipping back to that eagle compared to the paint, and the edge of the liner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cammo M42 for discussion
    P
    Many

Not one for me either - notice there is virtually no wear on the rim.
    And the adler - you would either paint over the with the camo, or not - not a half job like this. It seems almost deliberate.

nick

I also notice a lack of wear on the top of the helmet, and with lack i mean almost none. Very dubious, especially if the liner is in such a used condition, although something feels fishy about the liner, i cant make it out 100% but something is... off about it.

I dont think its a good one. The camo itself looks like a good job imo, but the wear, liner and decal make it suspicious. With a bit more work and thought whoever emad this would have hid it almost perfectly though. This is one of those destined to fool collectors for decades to come and one that will probably be considered 100% original in not that much time.

Thanks Adravor, my thoughts exactly and the reason i posted it. The seasoned collectors here have already picked some anomolies, but the average person would take it as read.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    The decal appears to be laying on top of the green camo in the 1st decal photo which seems odd. Every decal shot is taken from a purposeful angle so as to obscure the talons. Why cover just a certain area. Either paint around or paint over - would have seemed more logical. The feathering of the top of the liner, as Dan (Kateri) points out, is another example of attempted deception. The liner has been treated with something either to deceive or from lack of education.The WW1 style block deciding lines are unusual but I guess not impossible, but overall too many questions with this one.

Andy
    Very good eye Andy. I was looking on my cell phone last night. But today I took a deeper look and can see this on the left wing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    if there is a visible decal that should be the first target to authenticate the camo is only good if the decal is good so discussing the camo without a good decal photo is pointless.
    But for me it is bad , I think the helmet was discussed on other forums.
    Agree Frank, it's all about the decal. If it was good graphically, it would be featured prominently in the group of photos. That is why it was the first and only thing I asked about, because it's what matters. I smell a rat.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    I also notice a lack of wear on the top of the helmet, and with lack i mean almost none. Very dubious, especially if the liner is in such a used condition, although something feels fishy about the liner, i cant make it out 100% but something is... off about it.
    I think an abrasive has been used on the edge of the liner to age it. Semi coarse sandpaper maybe.

Cammo! I'm lost!! 60 getting to ya?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2