Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo helmet M40

Article about: Hi everyone, I came across this M40 shell. The seller claims this was a German used coastal artillery helmet. It looks very nice but I suspect this was a re-issued Norwegian M40 helmet. It w

Default Camo helmet M40

Hi everyone,

I came across this M40 shell. The seller claims this was a German used coastal artillery helmet. It looks very nice but I suspect this was a re-issued Norwegian M40 helmet. It was painted black but the black paint was removed from the outside. On the inside of the rim there is black paint left.

What do you think?

Cheers Paul

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Camo helmet M40

Thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet M40
    P
    Many

Difficult to be sure about the history of this one I would say. If it was over painted black then I think this was done to some Czech civil defence used helmets post what. The colour of the inside does look similar to Norwegian reissue but as a stripped shell without a liner the price should reflect this - the idea of it being coastal defence sounds like an excuse to bump up the price. Just my two cents..

Indeed, I cannot imagine what "evidence" might suggest a coastal artillery connection?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I do not see the Norwegian Reissue color there. Norwegian Reissues exhibit a bright green, smooth paint - this one does not. I do agree however that i also see no evidence at all for a coastal defence helmet. Simply looks like a light yellowish camouflage, over normal fieldgrey. The inside does look a bit weird - but its quiet possible it simply looks weird because of the lighting and the contras of aging to the overpainted parts.

Its a piece with rather low collectivity - but for the right price i would take it.

- - ------- - -

I do not see the Norwegian Reissue color there. Norwegian Reissues exhibit a bright green, smooth paint - this one does not. I do agree however that i also see no evidence at all for a coastal defence helmet. Simply looks like a light yellowish camouflage, over normal fieldgrey. The inside does look a bit weird - but its quiet possible it simply looks weird because of the lighting and the contras of aging to the overpainted parts.

Its a piece with rather low collectivity - but for the right price i would take it.