Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Chicken Wire helmet

Article about: Hey there guys, I have made a recent purchase on an M42 and wanted to post it on here. My question was centered around the chicken wire. I would like opinions on it as I believe that it is E

Default Chicken Wire helmet

Hey there guys, I have made a recent purchase on an M42 and wanted to post it on here. My question was centered around the chicken wire. I would like opinions on it as I believe that it is European wire. Hope to hear from you all soon and thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire helmet   Chicken Wire helmet  

Chicken Wire helmet   Chicken Wire helmet  

Chicken Wire helmet   Chicken Wire helmet  

Chicken Wire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire helmet
    P
    Many

I am not an expert on wire, so I am going to let others give the definitive thumbs up, or down. I have one wire helmet in my collection after many years of buying. Wire is a collecting minefield because many types of wire could be used and be correct. Chicken wire, however, presents more opportunities to identify fakes. Right, or wrong, I look for (European) chicken wire (and I assume there are variations) that are galvanized after being fabricated, so the twists are coated as a whole, not the individual strands.

Also forgot to say that is a LOT of attachment points around the edge!

Really need to see close ups of where the wire is bent over the rim. If its been on there from originally, there should be rub marks and other witness points as just bent over like that is NOT going to withstand any sort of combat use! A shame if its been added ( as I feel ) as its otherwise a nice helmet!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Some areas look promising with the photos we have but as said we need some better close ups of the rim where the wire wraps around.

Here are some photos of the wrap around, this is the best I could do for quality. To me it looks to be worn in some areas of contact. But hope these will do thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire helmet   Chicken Wire helmet  

Chicken Wire helmet  

You could poke your eyes out or scratch your forehead each time you take of this helmet. Not very hopeful this is a wartime applied wire.

MAP
    ?

Sorry. Late to the thread. I agree with Frank. I do not like the wire application. While the wire itself has been aged, it do not like the wire to helmet interaction around the rim. Looks fairly recently added.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I just want to know whats up with your arm lol!!
    Last edited by Texengland; 07-11-2022 at 09:18 PM.

?

as a soldier, i would be scared to wear that helmet. Doesn't look wartime applied (but i'm not an expert).