Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

"ckl" M42 German combat Helmet

Article about: Good morning gentlemen I had to put collecting on the back burner for a few weeks as it is harvest season at home . I have had this M42 German combat helmet offered to me the helmet is code

?

Default "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet

Good morning gentlemen I had to put collecting on the back burner for a few weeks as it is harvest season at home . I have had this M42 German combat helmet offered to me the helmet is code marked ''ckl'' which I believe stands for the company Eisenhuttenwerke Thale in Sachsen the helmet appears to be in excellent unaltered condition with the original chin strap.The helmet has the original soldiers name and rank printed on the back of the liner. I must confess I know very little about this manufacturer and would like a little back ground info on the company as well as the opinion of the membership on this helmet before I purchase it. The collector is asking 390 EUR for the helmet which I believe to be a fair price all opinions are welcome thanks for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet   "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet  

"ckl" M42 German combat Helmet   "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet  

"ckl" M42 German combat Helmet   "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: "ckl" M42 German combat Helmet

At first glance this looked to me to be a bargain but I have a worry about the chinstrap buckle. There is a fake out there known as the 'humpback' which troubles me about your example. A google search should bring up some examples. I hope i'm wrong as this looks to be a nice, well priced helmet otherwise.

This looks like a good late-war M42 to me. A CKL helmet is the same as an ET helmet, just later. Sometime in late 1943 I believe, the factory just changed the manufacturer code.

?

Thank you for all of your help gentlemen once again I am in your debt

As above, the chinstrap is a European repro, IMO. The two rivets pictured
    both seem quite loose, so the liner may have been replaced..............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I guess the onley way one would know for shur if the liner has been replaced would be a hands on inspection.

Strap is definitely fake , for this price I'd wait for a better one that's slightly more expensive.

?

I think you are right if I purchase this helmet and the helmet is ok I will still need to find a chin strap which would set me back $100.00 + easy thanks for all the imput guys.