MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets

Article about: I have been saving throughout all of last year so I can get a nice helmet and I’ve found two Ex white wash SD M40 helmets. Both are nice helmets but they both vary and have different thing

Default Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets

I have been saving throughout all of last year so I can get a nice helmet and I’ve found two Ex white wash SD M40 helmets. Both are nice helmets but they both vary and have different things going for and against them. I was hoping i could get an opinion on which helmet is the better choice, if a thread like this is okay of course.

(Thank you Michael for the help on the previous helmet too.)

I’ll split them into two separate posts to try and make it easier.

Thank you for the help,
    Bodhi

Helmet one has in my opinion a better exterior and more trace of the white wash, while it has a more used liner and no chinstrap. This one is also more expensive Than helmet 2.

Compare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 Helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets
    P
    Many

Default Helmet 2

Helmet two has in my opinion a slightly worse exterior with less trace of the white wash, but it has a nice liner and a interesting repurposed British chinstrap. This helmet is cheaper.

Compare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 HelmetsCompare and Contrast of 2 Helmets

MAP
    ?

I think this comes down to personal preference. Both look nice. I think both are full blown dealer pricing.

Visual appeal for me is the ET over the EF but that is just what appeals to my eyes. Either are fine helmets IMHO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

In looking closer (and so hard to judge by photos), I think the liner in the ET is actually better. It might be a bit more dirty but I think I see some flaking of the leather on the rolled edge of the EF. A potential sign of a drying out liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you, I’m definitely leaning towards the ET then. It will require a little more saving but I’m happy to do so for the better helmet.

I already found the second one too expensive , how much is the first one ?
    My personal feeling on prices concerning ex white wash is that it should not add to the price. That it is why it is ex white wash :-) I rather buy one without then. As these prices are absurd. But as said if you really can’t hold back , I would try to haggle down.

Just saw it , seriously overpriced and without a strap. Personally I would pass or go for the cheaper one.

Two nice helmets Bodhi. My personal preference is for the first helmet, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to which helmet speaks to you the most. As for the British chinstrap, who knows when that was added!? You can always add a period strap later but I wouldn’t pay extra for a strap that cannot be proven to have been period applied.

Andy

I also prefer the first helmet - but i'd want at least 500 off the price. The prices on both are quite steep.
    Maybe see if you can strike a deal?
    Nick

Hi Bodhi - echoing what are others are saying here. ET is better. And to Franks point I dont see "Ex Whitewash" being much of a draw on Helmets. I dont get it. First seller has been in discussions lately that the prices went from 0 - 60 mph in 2 seconds the past 6 months or so. If a nice M40 is what you are after and you have been saving all this time. Maybe hold out just a tad longer as I think you will be able to find a better cheaper one. I don't care for the British Strap on the GWH one
    Z

I PMd you another option

Thank you everyone, I have always wanted a winter camouflage helmet as it’s been a bit of a dream item. However I do tend to agree that some white residue shouldn’t raise the price that much. Maybe I’ll sit on my hands a little while and see what else pops up.

Thank you all for the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast