Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets

Article about: I have been saving throughout all of last year so I can get a nice helmet and I’ve found two Ex white wash SD M40 helmets. Both are nice helmets but they both vary and have different thing

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thank you everyone, I have always wanted a winter camouflage helmet as it’s been a bit of a dream item. However I do tend to agree that some white residue shouldn’t raise the price that much. Maybe I’ll sit on my hands a little while and see what else pops up.

Thank you all for the help!
    Smart.
    Winter camo's are a dream item for most collectors , I think I may have accidentally bought one (white that changed color).
    but true winter camo's and on top of that nice ones are very very rare. And the ones you were looking at are ex-camo's.

Is this one authentic or did an early collector just painted it for effect ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets
    P
    Many

Hi Frank did not know that white camo helmets were in fact that rare all I could aim would be this one but I believe it is a good honest been there helmet is it not?
    Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Smart.
    Winter camo's are a dream item for most collectors
    but true winter camo's and on top of that nice ones are very very rare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets   Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets  

Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets   Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets  

Compare and Contrast of 2 Helmets  

Thank you, if your asking me about that helmet I couldn’t fully tell you, it looks nice and has some Aging to it. I sure hope it was original as someone paid $8,000 for it!

I was sent a link to another website and it turns out they have a winter camouflage luft helmet but I’m already suspicious of the liner. Maybe I’ll start a thread on that guy?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi Frank did not know that white camo helmets were in fact that rare all I could aim would be this one but I believe it is a good honest been there helmet is it not?
    Perhaps not as ground finds which makes sense , but soldiers that retreated would remove the white paint from the helmets in spring which is why you will not find many as non ground dug. Most will be fake.

Very interesting appreciate that for clearing my question out there is one thing that know for certain I will never own one of those but the ground dugs will be more than welcome to my collection
    Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Perhaps not as ground finds which makes sense , but soldiers that retreated would remove the white paint from the helmets in spring which is why you will not find many as non ground dug. Most will be fake.

My vote would be for the second, the reason being the reality/necessity of field repairing a broken strap with a Tommy one appeals to me - as does the poorly applied decal .

This was the Fulda plant ( one of the last Factories with a strong captured Russian "slave labour" workforce ) and you can still go to the Fulda factory today!!

.... but its a shopping mall! Have a coffee and imagine .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

My preference would be the ET .... you get what you pay for and that’s a nice helmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2