MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Cover helmet camo tan and water

Article about: Hi guys been offered this item know it is not the factory made one but on the other hand it is not the typical zelt material that we often see around does this one have the tan and water pat

Hi Rene just a one off question has nothing to do with this cover helmet but I am curious to know if I may ask what is this splinter pattern?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cover helmet camo tan and water   Cover helmet camo tan and water  

Cover helmet camo tan and water  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cover helmet camo tan and water
    P
    Many

From what I can see it's the standard army 32 pattern.

Appreciate that Rene is this other one the same as mine that is the ones I posted is it correct to call the ones I entered Splinter tarn?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cover helmet camo tan and water   Cover helmet camo tan and water  

This one could be the air force variant?

While I await to receive the cover helmet I continue searching for information that may be useful to this thread have found this very brief document which I considered could be interesting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cover helmet camo tan and water  

Following my previous thread correct me if I am wrong the tan water pattern was not used for shelter fabrics whereas the standard army splinter ones did? And since the last one was very common covers could be made out of zeltbahn fabrics, then what would be the point of ruining some tan water tunics, smocks etc to make a cover?
    To me it just doesn’t make any sense. So I could only reach this conclusion as Wilmore kindly showed from a paragraph of Peterson s book ‘Some of the best fake Wehrmacht camouflage uniforms have been made from this BGS material, most notably helmet covers’ since finding war period tan and water material would not be that easy as with the standards army one?

Hi jamoros,

Here is a very basic guide to the various camouflage patterns used during the war.

https://www.artizandesigns.com/guide...anpatterns.pdf

Covers could be made from the parka hoods and other damaged clothing items

CBH
    ?

Here is another example of post-war Tan Water Pattern, it’s a hood.
    I have the rest of the uniform somewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cover helmet camo tan and water  

Appreciate that mate so it is true then according to the document that you have kindly included that they made out of this tan and water pattern cover helmets which in a way it’s good news
    Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi jamoros,

Here is a very basic guide to the various camouflage patterns used during the war.

https://www.artizandesigns.com/guide...anpatterns.pdf

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast