Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet

Article about: by Demien They also have specialy made belt buckles which are also very, very rare !!! Perhaps Ben woud now more abouth Croatian SS buckles ? D I only collect Heer buckles but I wish I had o

Default Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet

Hi Guys, this is the rarest helmet in my collection. This is much rarer than any double decal Waffen SS helmet.

The Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft in Croatia was a paramilitary force set up by members of the German minority there. It only existed for two years from 1941 to 1943.

This helmet has been camo'ed and exhibits several layers of worn paint from field grey to slate grey to tan yellow.

As you can see the someone tried unsucessfuly to remove the runic insignia. The group had ties to the SS.

Some info about the unit written by my forum friend Larry can be seen here:

Axis History Factbook: Stab/Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft (Croatia)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet   Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet  

Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet  Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet  Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet

Hi Ade, I don' t think that this was attempt to removing a decal, as when I was young we used original helmets for games, the decals were easily damaged by dropping a helmet. Also I can say that a lot of period helmets with bad lacquer or without it at all are removed easily, as the original Strache decal is very very unfastened one. I think if someone wants to remove- he will do his best job. I can't say nothing about the helmet like that, because I never seen this one in my hands.

Offtop: Being wrote here I've remeber about my last visit to Stuttgart messe. There was a nice Soviet SSch-39 with big fron decal of NPEA. The helmet is also first time seen by me, and other guys told me the same-as dealer himself. The price was approx 1200 eur, now I think I need this one...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thumbs up Re: Croatian Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft M40 helmet

You have a real beauty there Ade , congrads on that find , cheers Raymond

Thanks for the comments guys. I bought this one locally in Derbyshire.

Cheers, Ade.

Good god!!!
    Where do you find this things?!?! I'm absolutely shocked! Never thought that helmet like that actually exists! Probably unique in world!

Is that something written on the leather?

Hi, glad you like it.

There is a name written on the leather, but I cannot make out what it says.

Cheers, Ade.

Edit: Just checked, as I should not have gone by memory. It is not a name in this helmet but a pair of initials, "ST".

Demien
    ?

Wou !!! I love this helmets ! Two years ago i bought a handzar SS helmet which head SS decal on left side and Croat national decal on the right side but since i get a pretty disent exchange proposal which i coudnt refuse ( as a daggers colector ) i dont have this rare item any more ! I belive thiis helmets are the moust rare german helmets and if you acidentaly get oportunity to get one you have take it otherwise you will regret for your intayer life, as i am now ! I belive that the mayority of such croat SS helmets were destroyed post war by titos partizans since they realy hate it everything conected to SS, special to domestic ( yugoslav ) SS trupes, such as 7 SS Prinz Evgen and SS Handzar divizion !

D

First time I have seen one of these Ade ! Good one mate
    Ben

Quote by regiment739 View Post
    First time I have seen one of these Ade ! Good one mate
    I agree, this is also the first time I see one of those. Do you have any idea how many there are still in existence?

Demien
    ?

They also have specialy made belt buckles which are also very, very rare !!!
    Perhaps Ben woud now more abouth Croatian SS buckles ?
    D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast