Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.

Article about: After 11 weeks of waiting for the sound of a postal truck to arrive and with me starting to lose hope, the wait finally ended late yesterday when a nice early M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet finally

Default DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.

After 11 weeks of waiting for the sound of a postal truck to arrive and with me starting to lose hope, the wait finally ended late yesterday when a nice early M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet finally landed on the front doorstep. This example was originally purchased direct from a US veteran and had beenin the sellers collection since the late 60’s.

A size, 64 shell, produced by ET (Eisenhüttenwerke in Thale), and with a lot number of 4082, the shellis finished in light blue factory paint and completed with an early Straight leg droop tail decal and national shield on the opposing side. Stackingmarks are evident around the dome of the helmet as well as the appearance of general hard use. The liner and band are tight, so I haven’t attempted todate it, however with a straight leg decal my thoughts are circa 1939?

The liner has darkened and shows signs of heavy use while looking underneath revealed the unitmarking Fl.gr.Gopp, which I have been advisedrelates the helmet to Airfield Göppingen (German: flugplatz Göppingen, also known as FliegerhorstGöppingen or Cooke Barracks) an airfield on the northern edge of Göppingen (Goeppingen), Germany. The chinstrap is makermarked to Franz Brehme Walsrode 1939.

And thanks to all my collecting friends who kept telling me “be patient, it will come”.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.   DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.  

DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.   DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.  

DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.   DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.  

DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M35 Luftwaffe Helmet with early Straight Leg, Droop tail decal.
    P
    Many

Well done!

Beautiful helmet, Andy, well worth the wait!
    (was probably a rather agonizing wait, though )
    Luis

A stressful wait no doubt, but well worth it.
    A wonderful example.

MAP
    ?

Great photos Andy. A great looking photos. I can really enjoy looking at it now. Love that nice dark liner. That is the way I like my helmets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

thanks' for sharing.

?

Got to love the early birds, they are most appealing. A nice veteran look to that one.

Tough waiting that long, happy to hear it arrived.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys! Yes, a very stressful wait not knowing where it was but I guess a lesson about how Mail is travelling around world during COVID!

Andy

She is indeed a beauty, the colors are so vibrant in the shield! thanks for sharing.

Jay

Very nice M35 helmet Andy! Looks like another helmet might of been stacked on it at one time too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast