Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Decal good? In the shop now

Article about: Good day fellas, I was just wanting to know y'all's opinion on this decal. I'm sorry about the picture quality, I have an ancient phone. The helmet overall is correct, liner and chinstrap de

Default Decal good? In the shop now

Decal good? In the shop nowDecal good? In the shop now

Good day fellas, I was just wanting to know y'all's opinion on this decal. I'm sorry about the picture quality, I have an ancient phone.

The helmet overall is correct, liner and chinstrap definitely have age to them, numbers appear good as well. It's the decal I know nothing about.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal good? In the shop now
    P
    Many

the overpaint is weird no ? Covering the eagle's black parts.
    it's always wise to photograph the whole helmet as that tells part of the story.

MAP
    ?

Don't often see something like this on Heer decals. Although I have seen a couple over the years.

Hard to say much from these photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well fellas, I have good news. I walked away for today until I can come back with a better camera than my archaic cellphone. The shop owners are very cooperative, and said that it'd be fine if I took pictures to bring back to the forum whenever I got the chance.

The helmet itself seemed good. The shell was an ET62, and the paint appeared to be pretty old. The liner was legit, and the paint on the inside was a dark feldgrau. I was just concerned about the decal, because after buying two fakes within the span of a year, I wasn't about to drop that kind of money on something I'm not trained on.

I've decided to dedicate my time to studying manufacturers and the decals they used, and the common fakes so I'm not as helpless in the future. I passed on a few helmets at a militaria show this past spring because I was unsure of their originality. This October when the show comes back, I would be like to walk away with at least a SD Heer M40.

MAP
    ?

The decal does look OK to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The patina and damage on the decal does look old with some of the scratches through the decal painted over suggesting the paint was added quite some time after the damage was done. Would like to have seen what they did with the inside of the shell paint wise if you can get some photos.

Lightbulb

Quote by RustyRelics View Post

I've decided to dedicate my time to studying manufacturers and the decals they used, and the common fakes so I'm not as helpless in the future.

That's a very sensible plan. Don't worry about seeming 'helpless' ; we all start with limited knowledge. The faking ( or 'enhancing' ) of German helmets is now almost an industry due to escalating prices.