Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Decal help

Article about: Hi all Thoughts on this decal please ,

To quote the seller: "I do not know who would have worn this." Me neither.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal help
    P
    Many

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    From ebay:

A totally original & unique pre-WW2 British Army helmet in excellent condition with 100% original German army 'Heer' national shield insignia above 'left ear', please study pics. This is without doubt a genuine war-time (or pre-war) German decal, (not a repro' transfer etc). The liner & shell are both stamp-dated 1938. The shell has original period army paint & there are no dents. The shell stampings are hard to make out (pic 7) but the date is clear ('38). The early liner is in excellent condition with the Rexine fabric supple & the cushion still spongy. It is stamped "7 VERRO I 1938", (Everett W Verro & Co, London). It is possible that some (offensive? or British?) insignia was removed from the other side above right ear, as there is an area of paint removed, (last pic). I do not know who would have worn this. An extremely rare & unique piece of WW2 history.

Jeez
    Ye Gods!!

That's us told then.
    100% genuine and pre-war to boot!

You lot will be laughing on the other side of your face when I place the winning bid of this little gem!

I am clearing a whole display case for this one, can't wait

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    To quote the seller: "I do not know who would have worn this." Me neither.
    Err... Britisches Freikorps Legion St George obviously
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Looks like the other side had SS decals. ....but were scratched off....ruining a perfectly good and unicorn type helmet, the rarest of the rare. Just imagine how much it would sell for if it wasn't defaced and ruined.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mark..."Please study pics"
    Well I did for about 2 seconds, maybe less to see the decal is fake. I did not even read his description until a minute ago. What a fool
    D

Quote by real steel View Post
    Mark..."Please study pics"
    Well I did for about 2 seconds, maybe less to see the decal is fake. I did not even read his description until a minute ago. What a fool
    D
    That's it you see...RTFM as we used to say in the mob

Credit where credit is due though, you dismissed it in under two seconds whilst it took me at least ten before I stopped choking on my beer and that is no laughing matter!!

Best

Mark

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks the other side had SS decals. ....but were scratched off....ruining a perfectly good and unicorn type helmet, the rarest of the rare. Just imagine how much it would sell for if it wasn't defaced and ruined.

It sold for £237,00.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It sold for £237,00.

Unglaublich!!!

Thanks Andreas, I suddenly feel quite superior

"A fool and his money are soon parted". It seems there is no limit to the gullibility of some people.

Regards

Mark

Well at least his WW1 'Adrian' is a good one... first pattern liner, still has its original chinstrap... and named too. can't believe that someone would pay all that for the British helmet though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3