Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer

Article about: Hi all, I am planning on selling this M35 Heer DD helmet. It is a Q 66, batch number 3350. IMO it is an exceptionally nice example of a reissued early Heer helmet. Because I’ve learned tha

Default DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer

Hi all,

I am planning on selling this M35 Heer DD helmet. It is a Q 66, batch number 3350. IMO it is an exceptionally nice example of a reissued early Heer helmet. Because I’ve learned that the not standard configuration is raising question from some collectors I’m posting it up here. I think this helmet has not been ‘messed’ with since 1945, thus I am not doubting it being authentic. By posting it I hope to get more opinions and/or theories about this particular helmet’s configuration.

This is the info provided by the former seller:

For sale is an excellent M35 DD Heer reissue. This helmet was made by Quist and no doubt originally issued as a DD Heer or Police, then very early (or pre-)war was depot reissued again as a DD Heer helmet. The inside was probably left untouched with its early 1938 dated reinforced aluminum liner in size 66/59. The number 58 is ink stamped in the dome with no other dome stamp, but this must signify something other than the size since it has a size 59 liner. Brass split rivets and slotted washers. The shell is marked Q66 with lot number 3350. On the outside, it appears it was repainted and 2 new decals added. I cannot tell if there is another decal under either the national colors or Heer decal since both decals are close to 100% but it looks like you can maybe see a trace of another Heer decal under the bird's left wing where it shows very light rubbing. Both decals appear to have been carefully painted around and then the new decals added. You can see a border around each decal that shows lighter color paint. The Heer decal is a Huber Jordan often found on reissues. The original first coat of paint is a lighter green color as can be seen around the decals. This helmet is overall in excellent condition for paint, decals, liner, and original drawstring. It had no chinstrap when I acquired it in 2005. I want to emphasize, this is NOT a factory issue DD Quist with the usual big foot or ET or Pocher Heer decal. IT IS A DEPOT REISSUE with an HJ&K decal showing very little use after refurbishment.

DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer
    P
    Many

I like it. Super looking lid.

MAP
    ?

Head scratcher for me. It's not an early M35 with the reinforced aluminum liner band so why would it need a refurbish. the condition of the leather would indicate that this helmet saw little use. Unless the liner and liner band were replaced also.

To my eyes, it doesn't look repainted. Interior and exterior colors match. It's possible the lighter area around the decal was covered by lacquer at one point.

But the HJK decals have me stumped. "Variants" are not something I know much about, hopefully others might have more information to provide.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Do you have photos of the split pins?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I will make some !

Here are pics of the split pins

DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer

The split pins look fine to me.
    I have been looking again at the decals and the Nat decal does seem to have some unusual scratch marks in the black area and even the eagle has some light score markings.
    I am not sure if this could be a sign of post war application of original decals.
    Pause for concern maybe.

I'm interested to see where this is going, I like it as a display piece.

How much were you going to sell it for?

Well.. Some are (also) suggesting the liner is swapped/not original to this helmet. I have made some pics of the split pins and other pins . IMO these show the liner has not been 'messed with'. The liner shows wear coherent to the amount of overall wear off the helmet. If I am missing something concerning the liner/helmet configuration let me know please. Ring is marked Braunschweig 1938 as you can see.

[/ATTACH]DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD HeerDEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer   DEPOT REISSUED M35 DD Heer