Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this Helmet show promise?

Article about: Gents, I only had a little bit of time to hold this helmet and take a couple of pictures. I have not owned a German helmet in quite some time and want to leave this one to the experts. Not s

Default Does this Helmet show promise?

Gents,

I only had a little bit of time to hold this helmet and take a couple of pictures. I have not owned a German helmet in quite some time and want to leave this one to the experts. Not sure if the camouflage was period done as well as there are not telltale stamps that I could see. Are these pictures enough to help? I thank you all in advance with any info/help you can provide.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this Helmet show promise?   Does this Helmet show promise?  

Does this Helmet show promise?   Does this Helmet show promise?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this Helmet show promise?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not one for me.

Don't like the liner.

Really need better photos of the paint as (for me) the glare of the lights wash out many details I would like to see. But from what I can see, I'm not a fan.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

I thank you my friend. I'm completely out of my wheelhouse and happened upon this one. I got excited, but didn't want to regret making an emotional purchase before consulting the experts in here. Here are a couple of pictures courtesy of German-Helmets.com that may have swayed my decision.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this Helmet show promise?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Does this Helmet show promise? 

MAP
    ?

Ask 10 people opinions on a camo and your will get 11 diff answers. I am by no means the final arbiter Happy to be proven wrong.

The liner however to me is a fake. The stitching and placement of the rear seam is different from originals. It has almost zero wear, especially along the edges but is mottled in color. To me a sign of a repro liner aged to make it look old.

Happy to be proven wrong on all points.

Does this Helmet show promise?Does this Helmet show promise?Does this Helmet show promise?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

I respect your assessment. As well, duly noted. Thank you again!

MAP
    ?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    MAP,

I respect your assessment. As well, duly noted. Thank you again!
    Always wait for more opinions. While I do own many helmets, I too rely on others with more experience to help me.

Hi, i am in agreement with Michael, the liner is artificially aged, that pale "dusty" look is always the same. Even though the shell may have been waxed or oiled i would also be inclined to think that it is a post war camo job, and one that was done fairly recently. The "scratches" are very uniform in appearance. Leon.

Leon,

Thank you as well for your explanation of the telltale signs of "stahlhelm fakery." To the untrained eye, it showed promise and I'm certainly grateful for the useful information that Michael and yourself have provided me. cladis dolore ederet

Kind Regards,

Joel

Agree with MAP & Leon.
    Nothing good here
    D.

real steel,

Thank you as well for your confirmation. I truly appreciate it!

Joel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast