Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double Decal police helmet shell?

Article about: When this came into my brother and I's collection it had a plastic football helmet liner in it. I believe it is the "curved dip" police helmet. The decals look okay but I'll leave

Default Double Decal police helmet shell?

When this came into my brother and I's collection it had a plastic football helmet liner in it. I believe it is the "curved dip" police helmet. The decals look okay but I'll leave that to the true experts on here. There is always that slight suspicion in the back of my head when I see them. As I understand it EdelStahl means "improved steel" and was used by police and Bahnschutzpolizei had these and re-issues of older helmets. I haven't seen one with the word hyphenated like on ours either which raises my eyebrow. So I leave it into everyone's capable hands who is in the know.

Double Decal police helmet shell? Double Decal police helmet shell? Double Decal police helmet shell? Double Decal police helmet shell? Double Decal police helmet shell?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal police helmet shell?
    P
    Many

Very nice and correct example , this one would be a firebrigade helmet.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Very nice and correct example , this one would be a firebrigade helmet.
    That's what I read in my book on german helmets but fake decals are hard to spot sometimes and I am not expert by any means. This too would have had an M31 liner correct? What leads you to believe it's fire brigade? is it because the eagle decal has a border on it. I know some police helmets I have seen have the borderless eagle decal but I'm not sure.

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    That's what I read in my book on german helmets but fake decals are hard to spot sometimes and I am not expert by any means. This too would have had an M31 liner correct? What leads you to believe it's fire brigade? is it because the eagle decal has a border on it. I know some police helmets I have seen have the borderless eagle decal but I'm not sure.
    No it's a civil style helmet , they never have a combat M31 liner.
    It would have had one of the many different civic style liners. It still retains the cork that are part of such a liner.

Borderless or bordered eagles have no bearing on the branch.

Feuerwehr – German Helmet Vault

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    No it's a civil style helmet , they never have a combat M31 liner.
    It would have had one of the many different civic style liners. It still retains the cork that are part of such a liner.

Borderless or bordered eagles have no bearing on the branch.

Feuerwehr – German Helmet Vault
    Then how would one go about identifying a helmet like this as to if it were police or Fire brigade? I'm not sure how to tell this one apart from another.

Franks knows these helmets pretty well, so not much to add. I thought it looked good from first impressions too.

Sorry to say - the SS helmet in the background - the decal is bad.

nick

?

nice.

Nice used shell, the decals look great! I think the police did not use this specific model of helmet, yours is an M34.

Franks website shows examples of police used helmets: Polizei Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Franks knows these helmets pretty well, so not much to add. I thought it looked good from first impressions too.

Sorry to say - the SS helmet in the background - the decal is bad.

nick
    That helmet is posted in the SS helmets forum already. We were suspicious of that decal when we bought it. All that info is on a separate thread in the SS forum. We figured we weren't that lucky to have a good SS helmet ha ha.

Thanks for all the replies. I have learned a great deal and I know my brother will be happy with what we have learned about it. I'll keep digging. I have some shells that are almost relic condition but have decals, and double decals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast