Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Expert Opinions Please

Article about: Hi All, Could I have your expert opinions on this M42 .... Sorry about the pictures. Manufacturer Hkp Size 64 35357 .... Borderless Eagle Insignia. Thanks all.

MAP
    ?

Thanks David. I just noticed very slight printing differences, especially around the head so was not confident enough to say one way or the other.

Definitely a decal I need to spend more time on
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Expert Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Thanks for the comments all.... again poor quality pictures doesn’t help!!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks David. I just noticed very slight printing differences, especially around the head so was not confident enough to say one way or the other.

Definitely a decal I need to spend more time on
    The Methner B. police decal is one that is seen in so many "styles". These were the earliest police decals known, 1936 made helmets we see them on M35 Q & M35 SE from the factory. They continued making them thru the war years. Normally seen on re-issues. Most of the 1934 civil fire police helmets had a variation of some sort of this maker. So 1934 is pretty early. The minute printing differences are many. Add to this...we do see them in un-applied form post war. So caution needs to be taken when examining them.

Here is an interesting version. M35 factory produced to 1940 specs with the Methner B. decal. So the decals were installed wartime from the factory. But normally not. Notice the low quality of the decal..blurry, poor detail on the wreath with minor differences from others
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Expert Opinions Please   Expert Opinions Please  

Expert Opinions Please  

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    The Methner B. police decal is one that is seen in so many "styles". These were the earliest police decals known, 1936 made helmets we see them on M35 Q & M35 SE from the factory. They continued making them thru the war years. Normally seen on re-issues. Most of the 1934 civil fire police helmets had a variation of some sort of this maker. So 1934 is pretty early. The minute printing differences are many. Add to this...we do see them in un-applied form post war. So caution needs to be taken when examining them.

Here is an interesting version. M35 factory produced to 1940 specs with the Methner B. decal. So the decals were installed wartime from the factory. But normally not. Notice the low quality of the decal..blurry, poor detail on the wreath with minor differences from others
    D
    I'll stick to camo helmets...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'll stick to camo helmets...
    Give it another 20 years of study...you will get it
    D

A nice and interesting helmet, a good example showing one of the many variations that David has so kindly explained in detail. Leon.

As always D has answered my question .... Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2