Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Feuerwehr helmet. Need help.

Article about: Here is another of the helmets collected by me and my brother over the years. looks to be a good Feuerwehr helmet. What about the decals? I don't recall seeing them on other Fire helmets.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Both decals are reproductions sorry to say.
    PotatoDigger mentioned the colors looking off. What drew you to the conclusion that they are repro? You seem to have seen something too. This is the information I am trying to digest so I too know what to look for.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr helmet.  Need help.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    PotatoDigger mentioned the colors looking off. What drew you to the conclusion that they are repro? You seem to have seen something too. This is the information I am trying to digest so I too know what to look for.
    Not a simple question to answer typically. It takes much time and study to build the skills necessary. Hands on experience is key as well. The forum is full of good reference materials to study. We also have a reference library with examples of books that should be in any serious collectors homes. That said, some of them are out of print and expensive in the 2nd hand market.

Third Reich Steel Helmets (ALL categories, HEER, SS, LUFT, KM)

Lastly, here is a good website that proves much information in a concise format.

German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

Start by focusing on studying originals. There will always be new fakes out there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The eagle decal is what I term 'the easy fake' , it's wrong in so many ways that a comparison with a real one should give fast results.
    Practically all features are wrong , claws , eyebrow... print.

14 years of Fake decals – Luftwaffe – German Helmet Vault

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The eagle decal is what I term 'the easy fake' , it's wrong in so many ways that a comparison with a real one should give fast results.
    Practically all features are wrong , claws , eyebrow... print.

14 years of Fake decals – Luftwaffe – German Helmet Vault
    German Helmet Vault has been most helpful over the last couple months. That site brought me here to join and I am glad I did. Identifying German helmets and distinguishing what is real and what isn't is not just a skill it's an art form. It's one I wish to posses.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not a simple question to answer typically. It takes much time and study to build the skills necessary. Hands on experience is key as well. The forum is full of good reference materials to study. We also have a reference library with examples of books that should be in any serious collectors homes. That said, some of them are out of print and expensive in the 2nd hand market.

Third Reich Steel Helmets (ALL categories, HEER, SS, LUFT, KM)

Lastly, here is a good website that proves much information in a concise format.

Start by focusing on studying originals. There will always be new fakes out there.
    The books in the library here I have ordered a lot of, a lot. One came in today "German Helmets 1939-1945 A collectors guide" and I am already over half way through it. The two most expensive ones I have researched and they seem the most detailed and 20 years out of print. Hope to be able to purchase them in a couple months. They are very very expensive, but seem necessary.

MAP
    ?

Very good choice buying Ken N's first book. I would recommend getting his Decals book. Those two are of recent vintage with good photos. From there, you can then decide what else to get.

Jan Melands book was just release a few months ago. It's affordable and very good as well. I recommend it.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The decals book is on my list but lordy lordy is it expensive.
    I'll look up Melands book right now. Is it "GERMAN WORLD WAR II HELMETS & HEADGEAR NORWEGIAN COLLECTIONS"?

MAP
    ?

The decals book is on my list but lordy lordy is it expensive.
    I'll look up Melands book right now. Is it "GERMAN WORLD WAR II HELMETS & HEADGEAR NORWEGIAN COLLECTIONS"?
    Yes. I have a copy in front of me right now. Excellent book.

And don't forget Frank's website. Loads of information there.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. I have a copy in front of me right now. Excellent book.

And don't forget Frank's website. Loads of information there.

I love his site. It got me back into helmet collecting and inspired me to join here and dig out my old helmets. I wish I would have done this longer ago. Helmets I could afford in the mid 2000's are starting to rise above my price range unless I buy a dug relic. Of which I have several of.

It's all been said in this thread already - but yes, the 'easy' fake. You can tell immediately with this one.
    Credit to GHV website for making this information accessible and educating us here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast