Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, my friend down in Kentucky sent me these photos of someone in his locale selling this helmet. I don't have any interest in this lid but I would like to get your opinions of it, I as

Default Finnish helmet?

Hi guys, my friend down in Kentucky sent me these photos of someone in his locale selling this helmet. I don't have any interest in this lid but I would like to get your opinions of it, I asked my friend to ask for photos of the lot number and the manufacturer.Thanks gents.

BillFinnish helmet?Finnish helmet?Finnish helmet?
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish helmet?
    P
    Many

Hi Bill,

I’d be interested in seeing some better images as there are a few interesting things about this helmet. I do wonder if it could be an M35 rather than a 40, as the blue paint is very reminiscent of that seen on early DD Luftwaffe helmets. It even shows that slightly greenish tinge that the paint sometimes exhibits on those. From the images, the band looks like it could be aluminium and reinforced. The D rings even look like early squared examples as seen on M35’s. As for the liner and exterior paint, that is anyone’s guess, but certainly would be interesting to see some much better photos of the whole thing in daylight.

Andy

Andy here are two more photos, I asked my friend to try and get more photos, manufacturer,size etc., but this guy didn't get back to himFinnish helmet?Finnish helmet?
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    Andy here are two more photos, I asked my friend to try and get more photos, manufacturer,size etc., but this guy didn't get back to himFinnish helmet?Finnish helmet?
    Thanks for the closeups Bill. Looks like a nice aluminium band from here. Who knows, perhaps there’s a nice DD Luftwaffe helmet under that post war paint waiting to get out!

Andy