Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, just bought this applegreen German worn helmet with a singular decal. I am new to collecting German militaria, but I am a cautious buyer. This helmet is from a trusted seller

Default German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

Hello everyone, just bought this applegreen German worn helmet with a singular decal. I am new to collecting German militaria, but I am a cautious buyer. This helmet is from a trusted seller. Everything checked out and seemed fine with me. Can some experts check out the decal and the helmet in general to make sure it looks authentic? These may be basic questions, but what do the numbers and letters in the interior of the helmet mean? Where were applegreen helmets such as this one used, in Europe as camo in places like forests? This is an M-40 helmet, correct? If I am correct, these type of helmets originally had 2 decals (on the other side the national emblem decal) but were removed as per regulations? Some applegreen helmets have the second decals, while others and this one do not. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

German Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

To me, at least the liner looks like a new replacement that has been artificially darkened, also the paint doesn't look right either. Please wait for more experienced responses. Good luck. Bob

The whole thing is a fake, even the shell. The shell has vents that look like SE M40s; the letters and numbers font is wrong.

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.

Not sure who this dealer is. Is he local? On the web? Does he have a return guarantee?

Let me start...and these are only my own opinions...

The ET 64 stands for the Maker (ET = Eisenhuttenwerke, Thale) and the size (64). The 76 is the lot or batch number to designate the batch of Steel used to make the helmet.

I do not like this helmet. Yes.. it is an M40 design. But to be honest, the photos are poor quality. Maybe the flash may be distorting the color but if true to what I see on my screen, this is the wrong color for an M40. "Apple Green was only used on early M35 helmets.

Second, this is not an ET decal, that should adorn an ET M40 helmet. Again, I can not see much from the photos (straight on shots are needed with no flash) but it looks fake anyway. ET or not ET style.

Third, I have strong doubts on the originality of the liner (but admit it is an area I struggle on).

Finally, I do not think this is the correct "font" used for ET helmets. This leads me to believe that the shell itself is fake. If so, then all is bad (paint, liner, decal, etc.)

Here is another "ET64" compare the fonts.

German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

Except in rare circumstances with extremely limited number of M40's. The only Heer helmets that should have two decals are M35's, that were not refurbished (wartime) to remove the national shield and repainted a more course Feldgrau to make them less visible. Here is an example of an untouched DD M35...

German Applegreen 1 Decal HelmetGerman Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

As always, just my opinion. Plus I'm 2 fingers into a tall glass of nice Bourbon....

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Dang it...Leonardo/Bob...You are too fast...I was trying to type a nice long explanation...........and then "Bam!" you beat me to it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Should I return this immediately? That's why I am weary of German militaria, I should probably stick with British militaria... My goodness, I just wanted one helmet, this one seemed "real" to me, but I was fooled. There is 0% chance of this being authentic in your opinion? Regards,

-Jamie

Quote by MAP View Post
    Dang it...Leonardo/Bob...You are too fast...I was trying to type a nice long explanation...........and then "Bam!" you beat me to it!
    Well yours was much more informative!

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    Should I return this immediately? That's why I am weary of German militaria, I should probably stick with British militaria... My goodness, I just wanted one helmet, this one seemed "real" to me, but I was fooled. There is 0% chance of this being authentic in your opinion? Regards,

-Jamie
    Yes! If this is a reputable dealer he should have no problem with the return. My thought is what "trusted seller" would sell an obvious fake????? Bob

?

Mate, send it back post haste & tell the trusted seller that he needs to do a bit of homework. Have a look at the helmets in the Forum classifieds.

Regards
    Brett

He had great feedback and reviews, and the helmet looked fine to me, but these fake helmets usually get the beginners like me with little knowledge. My specific area is British militaria Victorian-WW2. I paid via paypal, but he said he was selling off his collection because he had to pay medical bills, he said he lost his leg. That, is at least not a lie, he showed me a picture his left leg is gone, he took the picture of the helmet right in his lap apparently. I probably should've done research prior to buying, but I thought everything checked out, but then again, that's how they get you. He may not have known it was a fake, I've seen reputable dealers in the past selling fake British swords, uniforms, etc. He was also selling some helmets on eBay a few days ago, still has 1-2 listed I think. I don't know if any of your saw that medic helmet on eBay just like a day ago? He sold that. I bought mine not on eBay though, it was a private purchase.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast