Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The German camo helmet

Article about: This thread will be in dedication of the German Camo helmet! Post your own Authentic camos, and of course period photos of soldiers with camo helmets! Note the chicken wire camo on the soldi

Just got my first camo yesterday. She's in rough shape but I like the barn find patina.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German camo helmet   The German camo helmet  

The German camo helmet   The German camo helmet  

The German camo helmet   The German camo helmet  

The German camo helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The German camo helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a classic Normandy John. Congrats on your first.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like a classic Normandy John. Congrats on your first.
    Thank you MAP. I ended up getting it in a trade so I'm super happy. I did have a question about Normandy helmets so I guess why not ask in this thread. Were Normandy camo helmets exclusively worn in France or could they have been worn on any front?

MAP
    ?

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Thank you MAP. I ended up getting it in a trade so I'm super happy. I did have a question about Normandy helmets so I guess why not ask in this thread. Were Normandy camo helmets exclusively worn in France or could they have been worn on any front?
    See here.....While maybe not 100% accurate....it should answer most of your questions.

The German helmet of the Normandy Campaign

(especially section entitled "Paint")
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice helmet - the lack of a liner does NOT detract from it - after all it went through it may have been lice ridden and putrid and torn out!
    ( we forget in our 21st century comfort the filthy conditions soldiers in full retreat had to deal with )

Makes you glad that socks aren't collectable!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A very nice helmet - the lack of a liner does NOT detract from it - after all it went through it may have been lice ridden and putrid and torn out!
    ( we forget in our 21st century comfort the filthy conditions soldiers in full retreat had to deal with )
    Thank you & I completely agree. Sometimes as collectors we get too carried away with condition. As long as its real thats what matters most to me.

Also thank you MAP, great article!!!

TWS
    ?

Here's my Luftwaffe M35 camo with the decals peeking out.

The German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmet
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

My Heer ckl 66 lot #3555. Both indoor and outdoor shots to show the challenge in trying to photograph some camo helmets.

The German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmetThe German camo helmet
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by John4022
    Just got my first camo yesterday. She's in rough shape but I like the barn find patina.
    Any history with it? Looks solid enough.

?

If you have to lose a war,lose it wearing that CKL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast