Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated

Article about: Hi could anyone give me any info on this helmet - bought it at a flea market in France - looks original - possibly repainted on outside? any info would be greatly received

Default German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated

Hi could anyone give me any info on this helmet - bought it at a flea market in France - looks original - possibly repainted on outside? any info would be greatly received
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated   German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated  

German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated   German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated  

German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated   German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet - any information would be greatly appreciated
    P
    Many

It's a m42 dug relic that someone repainted and put a fake decal on it, hope you didnt pay much for this

Hi, as said, this is a ground dug relic M42 that someone has painted over. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Well it is a relic for sure. And I would lean heavily towards a messed with re-painted exterior but were really need clear photos. There is a slight chance it might be original white wash, but doubt it, especially with that painted on swastika?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The swastika is also in paint not a decal , no chance it could have been done during the war or more likely a post war addition?

What further pics would be helpful ? Would it be worth more with the paint removed? Roughly whats it worth as it is?

mpw
    ?

Hi Jasper.

Surely the helmet is worth what you paid for it? The objects you have posted are pretty much low end when it comes to collectables. If you take a little effort and do some home work you will get a better idea of values. Try looking at Ebay for example where there are plenty of relic helmets coming up for sale.

Regards, Mark.

Relics are everywhere and cheap, this one I picked up for $80 usd and it's not bad for a relic and decal is mostly intact with no rust holes or cracks

Quote by Jasper11 View Post
    What further pics would be helpful ? Would it be worth more with the paint removed? Roughly whats it worth as it is?
    It is not a rare item and condition is poor. It is not a treasure. You will see that collectors here do not talk about prices. We are here to talk about helmets and history.

Thanks for your input .didnt mean to sound mercinary about asking about value just wanted to check i hadnt been scammed -purchased it for the equivilant of £30

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast