Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German helmets made into pots and pans

Article about: I've recently watched some very interesting videos about everyday life in Germany in the immediate aftermath of WW2. These screenshots are from a film which shows the process of converting G

?

Default German helmets made into pots and pans

I've recently watched some very interesting videos about everyday life in Germany in the immediate aftermath of WW2.

These screenshots are from a film which shows the process of converting German helmets into pots and pans.

Remarkable they captured this on film. The whole video can be viewed on Youtube at the link below. The feature in question is at 10:24. I wonder how many were 'lost' in this way?

In addition to that, this next screenshot shows civilians sifting through a pile of discarded German helmets. Perhaps removing some of the leather lining/chinstraps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets made into pots and pans
    P
    Many

?

Lol repurposing is nothing new by the look of it.

HEMA (a Dutch store in the Netherlands) also converted German helmets into pots, pans, colanders, etc. But the HEMA ones kept their original shapes so it was just a German helmet with some handlebars and holes added. I have a Fallschirmjäger helmet converted into a colander by HEMA, I'll see if I can take some pictures.

A next door neighbor at college from Louisiana told me that his father brought back three helmets that they were using to pour chicken feed into for the poultry.

MAP
    ?

There are becoming collectible in their own way for some people. I wouldn't mind owning an example. Unfortunately you don't see these over on this side of the Atlantic. Having been repurposed Post War, they didn't make there way into an GI duffle bags as souvenirs!

These are similar photos and video's have been shown before but always nice to see them again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)