Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German M35 DD Polizei authentic?

Article about: Hey guys saw this on ebay earlier today and thought it might be good, was listed for 1,000.00 buy it now but I was not sure about it so I let it be. Someone snagged it about 30 mins later an

CGR
    ?

Default German M35 DD Polizei authentic?

Hey guys saw this on ebay earlier today and thought it might be good, was listed for 1,000.00 buy it now but I was not sure about it so I let it be. Someone snagged it about 30 mins later and after an hour or so ebay removed the listing. Here are some pics.
    Looked ok to me but I wasn't 100% sure. Any thoughts?

Last edited by CGR; 08-03-2020 at 05:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 DD Polizei authentic?
    P
    Many

Interesting that the decal photos, particularly the party shield, are on an angle and also low res which makes it hard to assess. I’m not a decal expert but in my opinion the Polizei shield looks a little off. It appears to be an ET style decal however the shape of the head and eye detail appear slightly different to the known example I have for comparison (see below). Also the curve on the feathers at the front is more straight on an original example.

CGR
    ?

Thanks Andy. Yes the Polizei decal was what I was concerned with. Here is a pic of mine that I know is good, posted it up here a few months ago. I just couldn't say for sure on the ebay one.

The photos from the seller are pretty bad and I feel taken to deceive but wait to see what the more experienced decal guys have to say. It’s hard because sometimes the differences can be down to printing errors/anomalies etc and poor photos.

CGR
    ?

I agree, above my pay grade and too steep a price for me to gamble. I am just too green to call it.

This was on US Ebay ? Bargain and a half. Defintely better pics needed. Also light is bad and would want to see the straight on decals as the gentleman stated above.

But 1st glance (the Polizei Decal at least ) it looks good to me. These Police decals (as opposed to say a Heer Decal that had only a couple makers) were made by many different printers so minor graphic inconsistencies abound. I remember trying to confirm my ET Combat police.... Finding an EXACT match looking at lots of different ones. And it didn’t happen because there were so many / very minor / ever so slight / tiny differences I feel like I wouldn’t have ever found one.

Paint / Shell / Strap Look good to me. Liner (pic bad) color looks odd but could be fine. Instinct would say “bad” because of the price and it being on eBay but not so sure.
    Z

From these photos only a guess is possible , if you want to buy such a helmet always ask for close ups.

?

Someone got a good score

CGR
    ?

Yes US Ebay yesterday. It was getting a lot of views and I was surprised it didn't sell faster than it did. I think everyone was like me, not sure if it was good so I didn't hit the buy it now. So many bad helmets on ebay when a good one hits everyone is gun shy. Funny because I see very bad helmets sell for that and more sometimes.

CGR
    ?

I bought mine a few months back and all I had was bad pics the seller sent me. He said I could return it if I didn't like it so I took a chance. Price was good too, got mine for 650.

And here is pic I took when I got it.
    Doesn't look like the same helmet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast