Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German M35 DD Polizei authentic?

Article about: Hey guys saw this on ebay earlier today and thought it might be good, was listed for 1,000.00 buy it now but I was not sure about it so I let it be. Someone snagged it about 30 mins later an

I still wouldn’t buy it based on those pictures and the Polizei decal still looks off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 DD Polizei authentic?
    P
    Many

Quote by CGR View Post
    Yes US Ebay yesterday. It was getting a lot of views and I was surprised it didn't sell faster than it did. I think everyone was like me, not sure if it was good so I didn't hit the buy it now. So many bad helmets on ebay when a good one hits everyone is gun shy. Funny because I see very bad helmets sell for that and more sometimes.
    I thought nothing w a swastika could be on US Ebay. Has this changed I guess?

CGR
    ?

No you cannot but people do sometimes. If its a buy it now the seller has to hope for a quick sale before ebay removes it. I have gotten a few things that were Buy It Now. A guy in California listed a RZM Voos SA Dagger, real nice one as a auction and ebay removed it twice he said so he listed it for 350 buy it now and I got it. Said he was tired of ebay kicking it off and just wanted to be rid of it.
    If they remove an item you are selling you get a one day suspension, you can still buy but cannot list anything for a day. If they get you again within a certain amount of time they give you a 3 day suspension. If you list something again after those 3 days and it gets pulled by ebay they give you a week suspension and pull your buying privledges. One more time after that within a certain amount of time they suspend you for a year I think.

Thats how I got a good deal on my DD Combat Police Helmet, a guy listed it on another site and he didn't know TR stuff was not allowed on there either. He is just an Antique Dealer and said he bought it at an Estate Sale in Illinois. He said had he known it would have been so hard to sell it online he never would have bought it.

CGR
    ?

Also ebay removes a lot of stuff not just TR items.
    I have seen ND Helmets get removed many times.
    Confederate Flags are banned. A lot of Native American stuff is banned as well.
    Old Police Badges are not supposed to be on there and rhey remove quite a few of those too but a lot of them sell and run the course of the auction. Ebay says it has to be 75 yrs or older and obsolete and many are but they still remove a lot of those.
    There doesn't seem to be any particular reason why they remove some things and not others, just whatever they want to remove they can.

Funny story on a Kuban Shield I bought from an antuque dealer last year. I paid via Paypal and Paypal flagged the transaction because I put in the Payment that it was for a WW2 Kuban Shield. Paypal flagged it because they thought it had something to do with Cuba the Country.
    I had to call them and explain what it was so they finally released the funds.

When comparing these two decals there are many inconsistencies.
    Compared to the original, the eBay Decal differs in the following respects just to name a few:
    • On eBay decal the shape of the head is more rounded on the top and back
    • Mouth runs from bottom left of eye. On original it drops before running in a straight line.
    • The edge line of the feathers on the original on the front of the bird run down on a straight line. On the eBay example they are curved.
    • Original has two short black detail lines at the bottom just above where the left (birds right talon) would be). The eBay example has only one.
    • Inner right wing (birds left) on the eBay example only curves slightly. On original example it is more pronounced.
    • On original decal there is more space between the wreath and bottom of the swaz when compared with the eBay example.
    • On the original the bottom row of feathers cuts in while on the eBay example the line is more or less straight. I have highlighted this in yellow.

German M35 DD Polizei authentic?German M35 DD Polizei authentic?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    When comparing these two decals there are many inconsistencies.
    Compared to the original, the eBay Decal differs in the following respects just to name a few:
    • On eBay decal the shape of the head is more rounded on the top and back
    • Mouth runs from bottom left of eye. On original it drops before running in a straight line.
    • The edge line of the feathers on the original on the front of the bird run down on a straight line. On the eBay example they are curved.
    • Original has two short black detail lines at the bottom just above where the left (birds right talon) would be). The eBay example has only one.
    • Inner right wing (birds left) on the eBay example only curves slightly. On original example it is more pronounced.
    • On original decal there is more space between the wreath and bottom of the swaz when compared with the eBay example.
    • On the original the bottom row of feathers cuts in while on the eBay example the line is more or less straight. I have highlighted this in yellow.

German M35 DD Polizei authentic?German M35 DD Polizei authentic?
    Thats what I was saying above Andy. These were manufactured by so many places and in a cheaper way than the Heers. The differences amongst say 20 decals are many sometimes. Mine does not look like your example for instance (is that Ken N book?). On GHV we had an in depth chat about it. Ill send you link and see what you think. I havent been comparing these above so not commenting yet. Gut says its ok though but pics are bad as we said Nice crisp decal shot would be ideal.

Z

- - ------- - -

Quote by CGR View Post
    No you cannot but people do sometimes. If its a buy it now the seller has to hope for a quick sale before ebay removes it. I have gotten a few things that were Buy It Now. A guy in California listed a RZM Voos SA Dagger, real nice one as a auction and ebay removed it twice he said so he listed it for 350 buy it now and I got it. Said he was tired of ebay kicking it off and just wanted to be rid of it.
    If they remove an item you are selling you get a one day suspension, you can still buy but cannot list anything for a day. If they get you again within a certain amount of time they give you a 3 day suspension. If you list something again after those 3 days and it gets pulled by ebay they give you a week suspension and pull your buying privledges. One more time after that within a certain amount of time they suspend you for a year I think.

Thats how I got a good deal on my DD Combat Police Helmet, a guy listed it on another site and he didn't know TR stuff was not allowed on there either. He is just an Antique Dealer and said he bought it at an Estate Sale in Illinois. He said had he known it would have been so hard to sell it online he never would have bought it.
    Thats great but I would never buy a helmet under the gun like that LOL. But I learned something today

Yep, the original is from Ken N’s book. I still see differences but as you say perhaps it is down to who made it. If there are so many differences then how can we be sure of an original.

If someone could tell me who manufactured the decal on the eBay example and show me another example for comparison I’d be interested to see it.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Yep, the original is from Ken N’s book. I still see differences but as you say perhaps it is down to who made it. If there are so many differences then how can we be sure of an original.

If someone could tell me who manufactured the decal on the eBay example and show me another example for comparison I’d be interested to see it.
    I mean I assume you are on the right track. Starting from there .....the ET Police examples. With a crisper pic Id wanna see the decal material and definitely higher defintion in the detail in the graphic detail. Then I would compare that w other known ET examples and see if I find a close enough match. Thats what I did w mine at least. Scowered ET Police helmets and Unbordered Decals
    Z

I don’t know how anyone could trust the photos on the eBay helmet. They are just too blurred when enlarged. I compared with all of the non-bordered examples in Ken’s book and on Frank’s site and on Jan’s site but couldn’t find a match but I guess you can’t put an example of every variation up.

Perhaps Jan’s new book will have an example.

- - ------- - -

Would love to have seen the party shield side on too.

Yes. Defintely. I would not purchase this helmet from these photos. Or under a time constraint.
    I was only saying it looks good to me. If I had to make a judgement of these crappy photos. Not the usual dud or fake that you would normally see on EBay. And was just saying w these police decals. It’s not as black and white as it is with Heers. KMs. Lufts. Or SS. Lots of graphical differences. I sent you an email w the convo I was referring (David C breaks it down really well as per usual

And I’m Not willing to scour the Internet for a Helmet that’s already sold and has crappy pics. LOL. Not lazy just watching Stalingrad (1993 and making dinner.
    Z

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast