Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German M35 SD Kriegsmarine

Article about: Almost forgot this one. Bought from the same old man from which most of the helmets I posted here i bought. I try again : - type of decall (ET) fits with shell (and I think I can see the bla

Because wasn't there 'a' Ken, who's book has been stopped from publishing because full of fake helmets ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 SD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Ken Niewiarowicz, and co-author Anders Lehrman.... Don't tell me I ordered the wrong one
    Nope. You did well. That is the correct book.

The book full of fake helmets was published by Peter Nash

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks all for the hints about the books ! I already had 'German Helmets' by Meland and I found this book 'decalls of the Third Reich' in an online German bookshop 'Verlag Weber' today so I ordered it immediatly... So doesn't have to come from the US (that saved me a lot of import taxes). Hope to learn a lot more about the detalis of the decalls and where I should look at for making the difference between fake and real. But I realise I still have a long way to go....But if things were too easy, maybe it wouldn't be so intriguing...
    Erwin
    Because wasn't there 'a' Ken, who's book has been stopped from publishing because full of fake helmets ?
    Fantastic pick up of reading on your part. You cannot go wrong with those source materials.
    I will address an Elephant in the room. Ken did contribute to a book that ended up if memory serves having many fakes by another contributor. But as they say one bad egg....... So he was kind of friendly fire in the aftermath. He was not the culprit nor an accomplice who knew about the fakes from what I have read and listened to even online. I have defended him and his other works vehemently so I'm not trying to shake the trees with other members by mentioning it. Ken addresses basically what problem was in his book "Helmet Decals" in pages 175-180 and makes the situation clear. He's a great guy and his work and research is legendary!!

TWS
    ?

Simon, I'd suggest watching Mike's video series on the champagne decal scandal. The channel is MilitariaReview on Youtube.

Everyone should draw their own conclusions, but it's good food for thought.
    Last edited by TWS; 03-10-2023 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo in channel name
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I have. He told me Ken was never to be trusted. I disagreed.

Always trust yourself first , if you can’t , ask other collectors for advice. That way you steer clear of any past or present shenanigans.

Thanks for the replies. The website I ordered the book is : www.Militariafachbuch.com

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Always trust yourself first , if you can’t , ask other collectors for advice. That way you steer clear of any past or present shenanigans.
    Absolutely. That's in fact how I ended up becoming a member here. When I wanted source material I was told by almost everyone the books and or bound volumes to get. "Helmet Decals" was the first!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2