Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German M42 SD Heer Camo or some might say Normandy Full Chickenwire Helmet

Article about: Have not posted this one up yet in the reg forum, did in the Helmets of 2019 Thread but only 2 pics. Thought I would post it up. Its an M42 SD Heer Full Chickenwire Camo Helmet. The decal ca

There's definitely the remains of a spider there - i see squashed spider legs

The split pins all look good to me, i do not believe they have been removed or molested with.
    The wire also looks good in these close-ups.

I'm still a bit unsure on the paint, but only as i've seen the (very good) fakes on other sites.
    It really makes you start to question everything.
    Overall, i'd probably say it is good. Just my opinion though....

nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 SD Heer Camo or some might say Normandy Full Chickenwire Helmet
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by CGR View Post
    100% original. Got it direct from the Vets family.
    That's about the only way I would touch a wire helmet. It would have to be some kind of woodwork find from outside the collector community.
    I am not an expert in the slightest on wire helmets, but yours certainly looks believable.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

CGR
    ?

No worries Nick, considering where it came from I have no issues with it at all. Had it come from anywhere else I might have a little bit of doubt but I have seen the fakes and if this one was one somebody missed their calling in life. I have only been collecting German WW2 Helmets for 2 yrs now but have a good friend thats been collecting Militaria for about 25 yrs and he has helped me quite a bit with his knowledge and books that he has on German Helmets. So far out of 10 helmets I have purchased over these 2 yrs I have avoided buying a fake or messed with helmet but most of mine have come direct from a Vets family.
    Took a couple of pics in sunlight, shows more of the colors on it.

The additional close up photos are more convincing, thanks for adding them. Provenance is king in this type, and if that is rock solid, (ie bought from the actual family of the veteran who brought it home), then that really ends the debate.

CGR
    ?

Thanks! Came from a WW2 Vet after he passed. The great nephew himself a disabled Vet of the Iraq War.
    Forgot I had this, saw it online a while back. The German Soldier is wearing one similar to mine. Hopefully it can be seen in the pics.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CGR View Post
    Thanks! Came from a WW2 Vet after he passed. The great nephew himself a disabled Vet of the Iraq War.
    Forgot I had this, saw it online a while back. The German Soldier is wearing one similar to mine. Hopefully it can be seen in the pics.
    German M42 SD Heer Camo or some might say Normandy Full Chickenwire HelmetGerman M42 SD Heer Camo or some might say Normandy Full Chickenwire Helmet
    Actually, I think it is two American soldiers wearing their war booty. Looks like a size 62 helmet on a guy that should be wearing a size 68 LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CGR
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Actually, I think it is two American soldiers wearing their war booty. Looks like a size 62 helmet on a guy that should be wearing a size 68 LoL
    Lol I think you are right on the money there!

Hi, well like most people, I have searched for problems with this one, but can honestly say that I cannot see any. A brave buy even with the family's story as I would only believe anyone's family "tales" if there was a period photograph of the vet with the helmet to accompany it! That said, I give this one a greater than good chance of being correct. Leon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3