Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German Police Helmet?

Article about: Beginner collector here, first time posting here hence apologies if I do something wrong. Came into possesion of this "original" german police helmet. As far as I know it might be

?

Default German Police Helmet?

Beginner collector here, first time posting here hence apologies if I do something wrong.
    Came into possesion of this "original" german police helmet. As far as I know it might be a M34 Civic Model Police Helmet. I suspect its fake because of the chin strap and the lack of any stampings on both the helmet and the strap (the stamps may have been painted over or something simmilar?). I just want to confirm my doubts about it.
    German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?German Police Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Police Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a postwar repainted helmet with added decals. The liner looks correct but looks like it was replaced after it was restored. This is just my observation, wait for the real helmet collectors to verify.

Here is one in my collection for comparison, notice the dip and rim

Good luck

German Police Helmet?

German Police Helmet?

German Police Helmet?
    Regards, Al

Deleted by me....

I don't see anything wrong here..
    The snap buckle is okay too...

I'm having problems with the website - I see Aldo's Photos before the OP's Photos, which means I commented on the wrong helmet...I agree with Aldo's Assessment here...

MAP
    ?

Never been good at authenticating Police decals on civil helmets. But I'm not a fan of this one.

Given all the variations of these decals, I could be wrong and will be happy to be corrected if so, but I would have expected to see a darker pebbled gray background around the swastika.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The decals appear to me to be repro's. The shell looks like it is postwar as well. Don Lust can give the final word on this one. Jim G.

The decals are post-war, the NSDAP decal is a very common design hallmarked by the white lozenge sitting very high in the red field and a somewhat smaller proportioned swastika. The Police shield is missing much of the detail as seen in an original. The round cork spacers came into effect very late in the period and continued in "M34-type" production into the post war period. A clear mark of a post-war shell would be observing the stamping "DIN 14940". This is typically found inside debossed into the back neck guard.

Repro decals for sure. Probably a post war used helmet they abused.