Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet

Article about: Hey guys! The helmet came in that was discussed in a previous thread but I started a new one because I thought the helmet deserved it! So here it is After getting the helmet in hand and seei

Default Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet

Hey guys! The helmet came in that was discussed in a previous thread but I started a new one because I thought the helmet deserved it! So here it is After getting the helmet in hand and seeing it not from bad pictures I believe everything is original from the helmet except maybe the chinstrap. This has become probably my favorite helmet in the collection now! So here is the helmet a Q66 lot number 31175 all the split pins have their washers and are not re-bent. The liner is written on and says Nov. 30 1944
    HUR. Forest 7PM

Also looks like there was initials on the skirt of the helmet at one point also but has rubbed away to almost nothing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet   Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet  

Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet   Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet  

Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet
    P
    Many

Here is what I thought might be initials
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hürtgen Forest Battle Helmet  

Well that is a pleasant suprise! Congrats!

Thanks! The decal isn’t the best but the fact it has provenance From the Hurtgen Forest more than makes up for it to me at least!

Nitpicker, that is an amazing looking helmet, very nice paint and color. Great looking chinstrap and liner, i really like this one.

Very nice - glad you went for it on this one. I think the decal looks better in your photos and you can see that there are no issues with it
    As for the Hürtgen forest connection - it is difficult to be sure if this is period done. I guess we will never know for sure.
    nick

Nice looking lid, with a story or two to tell,if only we knew.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Very nice - glad you went for it on this one. I think the decal looks better in your photos and you can see that there are no issues with it
    As for the Hürtgen forest connection - it is difficult to be sure if this is period done. I guess we will never know for sure.
    nick
    A very nice lid for sure, but I have to agree with Nick about the Hürtgen forest connection.

I understand that completely and I Usually Am very skeptical to. but on this item I actually do believe it to be real writing based on the fact that this is coming straight from the ww2 Vets son and the only reason he was selling the helmet was because of his health declining. The funny thing is he said his dad had other bring backs too like a mg42 but ended up leaving it behind in England lol. I wish he would’ve had that too I would’ve bought it! But I 100% do believe this helmet is from the Hurtgen Forest. I do understand others skepticism though

A very nice example, great find especially if the "price was right".

I agree with the others that the attributation to a particular battle is tenuous without other supporting provenance but that hardly matters in this case

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast