Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section

Article about: Hi guys, Lets keep the ball rolling with Doug's database initiative. Here we will combine our photos into a Heer decal reference. I only have one to contribute.

Default Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section

Hi guys,

Lets keep the ball rolling with Doug's database initiative. Here we will combine our photos into a Heer decal reference. I only have one to contribute.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section
    P
    Many

Quist "Bigfoot"

Apart from a few Pochers and other variants that are sometimes found on Quist helmets from 1936, this decal was used by Quist until the end of decal application in 1943. These decals are only found on Quist shells. No other type of Heer decal should be on a Quist shell. These decals were not used for re-issues.

The details of this decal that set it apart from others include the obviously larger eagle's right talons. The eagle's head is also much flatter and narrower than others. From what I have seen, these are strong decals that tend to hold together. They may exist, but I have never seen a flaking Bigfoot decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section  

?

I have a nice cross section of Heer, LW and Police decals, but no time right now to photograph the decals and complete a thread as detailed as the SS one. Great idea if members want to add to this one.

4md
    ?

great idea
    Here is my ET decals,one in good condition the other a bit rough.
    It is found on virtually all ET factory helmets from 1936 to 1943. Unlike the Q decal it is found on other factory helmets(SE and EF), as well as a variety of reissues. Info is from Ken N's book...
    For me the easiest way to tell a ET is the dimple on the far right Talon and the shape of the head.......another feature i noticed is the top of the wings,one has a nice curved arc the other curves then straightens off. Im not sure if this is specific to ET

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section   Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section  

Come on guys, how about a Pocher or a Huber Jordan?

Let's keep this going.

Pocher decal on a SD NS 64 M40. I have a clearer pic of it, but I have to find it. I will add the clear pic when i do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section  
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 05-31-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Okay, here is an ET style variant decal, often found on Quist helmets..

Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section

Hope this helps in some way!

Josh

Period applied Ed Strache decal on an M18 re-issue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section   Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section  

?

Good initiative, I will post some of mine in the next couple of days when I have made some good close up pictures.

Cheers Alex

I guess it's time for me to post a few pics

Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section Re: Heer Adler Decal Reference Section

I didn't get my other two heer helmets in there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast