Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Double Decal

Article about: I’d welcome opinions on this helmet please! Thanks Rob

Default Heer Double Decal

I’d welcome opinions on this helmet please!

Thanks

Rob

Heer Double DecalHeer Double DecalHeer Double DecalHeer Double DecalHeer Double Decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Double Decal
    P
    Many

I think you should ask for much higher resolution photos from the seller as it’s hard to see the details on the decals and the general patina. However, based on these images I’m not seeing any red flags. An M35 that appears to have had the decals liberated. Due to the colour of the paint I feel this one may have been overpainted and the paint has been removed or someone has given it a clean with something. Oxalic acid or similar. The interior looks good.

Better photos required.

I agree with Andy - hard to tell but possibly a field over-spray scrubbed clean to within an inch of its life to reveal its decals ( see the bare patches ....ouch! )
    A shame as it would have looked better WITH the later paint, rough though it may have been.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Not a bad worn DD helmet ...I like the early single alu liner but defintely there are better ones out there. IMO the paint on these M35s makes the special. The beautiful green and with this one the paint seems to be pretty far gone.
    Zach

MAP
    ?

whether overpainted or not, this helmet has definately been heavily scrubbed. The interior and exterior condition are worlds apart.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah my guess is a ND or SD reissue with an attempt at "restoring" it to its former configuration.
    A real shame..
    Luis

As said, the pics are not great but the helmet exterior looks post war buggered about with. The top layer of paint looks to have been stripped, (air vents and pins look rubbed) to expose both decals - looks a mess on the outside IMO.