Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597

Article about: Hi, this is my newly acquired M40 helmet, the decals and liner is in rough shape. The helmet color is a bit rusty but there is some green still showing. Let me know what you think Cheers, Ni

?

Default Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597

Hi, this is my newly acquired M40 helmet, the decals and liner is in rough shape.
    The helmet color is a bit rusty but there is some green still showing.
    Let me know what you think

Cheers,
    Nico

Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Double decal M40 SE64 7597
    P
    Many

For me its looks like ex Norwegian army helmet,but wait when pro's will say their word!

I am afraid I have some bad news, fake decals, fake paint, Norwegian dyed liner, nothing good with this one but the shell. Hopefully you used paypal so you can get your money back. Post potential buys before you shell out your money and we will try to help. The first red flag on this one was a double decal M40, they exist, but are very rare. Sorry for the bad news. Jim G.

Hi Nico. There are many graphic inconsistencies with that Heer decal. Right Foot. Chest feathers. Upper wing shape. It is indeed a dud which put me off the whole thing from Jump. As said above by Jim. It is a WW2 produced “shell” but that’s about it
    Z

Sorry Nico but i have to agree with the above comments.

Just to add to what’s been said previously, even if the helmet only had a Heer decal and it was correct or even difficult to say either way, the wear between the paint on the shell and the liner is all very inconsistent which is another thing to look out for. When looking for an original helmet you want to see wear that is consistent across the whole helmet otherwise it most likely points to the helmet being messed with at some point.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I am afraid I have some bad news, fake decals, fake paint, Norwegian dyed liner, nothing good with this one but the shell. Hopefully you used paypal so you can get your money back. Post potential buys before you shell out your money and we will try to help. The first red flag on this one was a double decal M40, they exist, but are very rare. Sorry for the bad news. Jim G.
    +1 , a little bit of research could have saved you a headache. DD M40 Heer is a big red flag.

?

Thank you everyone for all the information, I have learned a lot! Lesson learned