Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Helmet Cover

Article about: Hi I was hoping that the members who posted on this thread are still actively viewing the forum, I realise that this is a considerably old thread. First, the pictures that are mentioned here

Pal
    ?

Default Heer Helmet Cover

Hi
    I was hoping that the members who posted on this thread are still actively viewing the forum, I realise that this is a considerably old thread.
    First, the pictures that are mentioned here are not visible to me. So could they be resubmitted. Thanks

Also I am interested in a helmet cover that has come to my attention:
    Splinter cam/Reversible white
    Fitted with a drawstring not clips

Are there any indicators that should be looked for.
    It is no way implied that this is any sort of SS variant.

I have attached a couple of photos for helping with comments.
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to advise. Heer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet Cover[ATTACH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Pal View Post
    Hi
    I was hoping that the members who posted on this thread are still actively viewing the forum, I realise that this is a considerably old thread.
    First, the pictures that are mentioned here are not visible to me. So could they be resubmitted. Thanks

Also I am interested in a helmet cover that has come to my attention:
    Splinter cam/Reversible white
    Fitted with a drawstring not clips

Are there any indicators that should be looked for.
    It is no way implied that this is any sort of SS variant.

I have attached a couple of photos for helping with comments.
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to advise. Heer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet Cover[ATTACH
    I don't know much about these Army covers. I have an SS example and even there I'm not an expert.

My only comment is that I have not seen an example with the foliage straps sewn on in this pattern.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Pal,

I have moved your post to it's own thread as this is not an SS camo cover so any comparison is moot. Further, all items should have their own thread.

Hopefully others will see this and comment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Foliage straps were used on Splittertarn Heer covers, but I've never seen such wide diagonal placed staps, seems a little wasteful of fabric. Covers can be very difficult to date as some post war constructions were made using authentic fabric.

Heer Helmet CoverHeer Helmet Cover

Pal
    ?

Is there a particular type of stitching to look for?
    I do agree though that the diagonal straps are thick, are they too thick.
    Is there any sort of randomness to construction or design of these covers?
    Any input is welcomed on this thread.
    Thanks

Quote by Pal View Post
    Is there a particular type of stitching to look for?
    I do agree though that the diagonal straps are thick, are they too thick.
    Is there any sort of randomness to construction or design of these covers?
    Any input is welcomed on this thread.
    Thanks
    Knowledge is scarce on these , only a few collectors have knowledge on the subject best to avoid non textbook examples because fakes are abundant.
    I can't help you as I do not collect covers for the exact reason I described above.

Frank's advice "best to avoid non textbook examples because fakes are abundant." applies to most German militaria and could be the quote of the day.

Regarding the foliage straps, they are none textbook and twice as wide as they need to be. If we compare to an SS cover the fabric was folded and sown on one side only. Why waste the thread and fabric if not needed? Remember wartime budget and economy would be in mind. Compare with this SS cover example.

Heer Helmet Cover

?

I've only bought a repro made from original Zelt material so it's reversible with no white lining for about $20.
    Saving a line of stitching on SS covers may have saved some lives on the production line.
    The Heer covers I've seen online have the foliage loops fully stitched.
    The marks from the helmet ventholes were interesting on the cover you showed.
    Photos are my Zelt based repro,an example with a fairly thick foliage loop and a YouTube capture of Ukrainian troops in the last 2 weeks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Helmet Cover   Heer Helmet Cover  

Heer Helmet Cover