Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer m42

Article about: I picked this one up local. Direct veteran bring back trophy. This one has never been in a collection until now. It sat in the veterans home since the war. The veteran kept saying the helmet

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    Can anyone help me identify this dome stamp? I have yet to research dome stamps. I will try for better pictures soon. I will double check tomorrow but i believe the helmet is ET 2428
    If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see a similar very readable dome stamp.
    Combat models and makers – German Helmet Vault

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer m42
    P
    Many

You will also find other examples on Jan Melands website: http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/432916037

For future reference, his recently published book has a page full of them and is definitely a great reference work to add to the collection for those interested in German steel helmets.
    http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/

Ah, the humble shoelace field repair ...... I'll never dis one again!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Guys thank you all so much . i will post more photos later. I thought the ol shoe lace was a good laugh LOL

That's an awesome helmet to be proud of! I love named helmets.

Amdym35, thanks for the heads up on the reference material. I snag a few hard hats a year so i will have to look into this.
    Thank you again !

He was the “Funky Chicken” of the bunch I think it means. Every Kompanie had at least one. Usually the best dancers.

Nice helmet friend. I have a couple woodworks. Nice to know besides a relative or an attic you can give this piece of history a nice home and appreciate it properly
    Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2