Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet identification please

Article about: When Germany invaded Poland in 1939 my father was conscripted into the Wermarcht at the age of 21. I only have these two pictures of him in German uniform and was wondering about the helmet

Default Helmet identification please

When Germany invaded Poland in 1939 my father was conscripted into the Wermarcht at the age of 21.
    I only have these two pictures of him in German uniform and was wondering about the helmet he is wearing, if it is a helmet at all.

I know one can't really tell at all because of the exposure but have never seen anything like it.
    It may well be a flower pot, the obvious would be a pith of some sort but he was posted in Germany originally, digging dead bodies out of the rubble for one, ended up in Normandy, France where he was liberated by the US.

He was transferred to Kirckaldy, Scotland and repatriated into the Polish 1st Corps where he met back up with his brothers who also served in the Wermarcht in Russia and Italy.

TIA

Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet identification please
    P
    Many

Looks like a Pit helmet to me honestly, now why he would wear one in germany/ normandy france - i cant tell you.

That's what I thought, never left Europe, nor his brothers, one cousin went to Norway but opposite direction lol.

While we are on the subject, he was more than likely given a stahlhelm, would it have been a standard issue?
    I know some had there own markings like Danzig, although probably not conscripts, our family farm is not far from Gdańsk.

Learning every day.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

MAP
    ?

TIA,

Hard to tell, but my guess is a 1st pattern Pith given the thicker rim.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)