Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

helmet m42 todt

Article about: Good afternoon, I would like to know what you think about this helmet M42 organization todt, the decal and the pot is original? Thank you

Thank you very much for your warm words Rossi, I am starting to immerse myself in this great forum, you are right, that boy may not be trustworthy, sometimes even being patient you need someone with a broader vision, that's why I found this fantastic site that in a few months I hope to learn by reading tips, but without belittling others, even less for a question that is asked almost every week

a respectful greeting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet m42 todt
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Bernard View Post
    Thank you very much for your warm words Rossi, I am starting to immerse myself in this great forum, you are right, that boy may not be trustworthy, sometimes even being patient you need someone with a broader vision, that's why I found this fantastic site that in a few months I hope to learn by reading tips, but without belittling others, even less for a question that is asked almost every week

a respectful greeting
    Not one of us. Not one is infallible and knows it all when it comes to Militaria and even the best can be fooled. As a collective however we are made stronger
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Bernard, just to add to the great advice already given, one tip I would like to offer you is this. If you are really serious about collecting helmets (which it sounds like you are), I would suggest going back to the very beginning of this section of the forum and read your way forward through all of the posts. You will see thousands of helmets and read lots of great advice. This will really help to give you a feel for steel helmets both good and bad.

Build a reference library:
    http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/434062905

Study the information on websites:

http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/432654512

German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

Take you time, have patience and enjoy the hobby!

Andy

thanks Andy I appreciate your goodwill I will review them, it is what I needed

Cheers

MAP
    ?

Quote by Bernard View Post
    that's right! My knowledge is limited, I am new and it has been difficult for me to find a forum like this that I consider serious, before buying I want this forum to help me if possible to identify what is original and what is not. Time will make me learn, but until then I hope a little help
    Bernard,

We will certainly help and will continue to do so. It is always a daunting task to start and takes serious dedication to learn. But the tools are out there both in books, websites and the vast knowledge base stored in old threads and the members here. Just be careful to choose your sources of where to learn carefully as not ever book or reference website is reliable.

Andy has given some great advice on reference books and a few websites to learn the basics. The forums are where you have the best and most up to date sources of knowledge. Use all these tools and you will quickly learn step by step.

The other bit of advice is if you have a helmet that you want advice on. Study it first. Then post it with your opinions on why you think it is good or bad. you learn MUCH more quickly this way instead of just asking of opinions. And don't worry, we will not beat you up if you are wrong. We actually prefer this approach. You will see that over time you will be more right than wrong
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks appreciated MAP I am reading old posts and thus avoid opening hasty threads, good to hear from you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3