Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with M40 Q64 Helmet and decal

Article about: This helmet offered me and the seller is pretty sure that it is all original. Helmet seems ok but I am not sure about the decals (especially with the 2 lightning emblems). Are there decals o

ATK
    ?

Default Help with M40 Q64 Helmet and decal

This helmet offered me and the seller is pretty sure that it is all original. Helmet seems ok but I am not sure about the decals (especially with the 2 lightning emblems). Are there decals on Quist made helmets?

These are the only pictures of the item. Thanks for all the comments.

Help with M40 Q64 Helmet and decalHelp with M40 Q64 Helmet and decalHelp with M40 Q64 Helmet and decalHelp with M40 Q64 Helmet and decalHelp with M40 Q64 Helmet and decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with M40 Q64 Helmet and decal
    P
    Many

The eagle is authentic but the runes are post war added.

ATK
    ?

Thank you for the quick answer, its really apreciated.

MAP
    ?

Those "runes" certainly don't belong there, but they have been there a really long time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is not unknown to see helmets "augmented" with additional symbols post war. You can see this art work on captured helmets that GI's decorated with names, dates or other symbols. Bikers painted up helmets post war to add menacing symbols like skulls, runes, swastikas or other symbols. This example may have gone through the hands of a biker post war to gin up the symbolism on it. I suppose you could attempt to remove them but my feeling on such things would be to leave it alone. Like it or not, it now has an extended history. The photo is from the Hyde Park concert in 1969. You can see that biker added symbols to the helmet. Neil

ATK
    ?

Thank you for the additional information @Neil Hever. I don't have any intention to remove the added symbols and I believe such additions which don't ruin the objects add some extra story.

Regards...

Excellent! On the day you want it to be a Heer helmet, display the left side. On the day you want to display it as a cool biker helmet display the right side! Neil

TWS
    ?

Looks like two signals Blitz emblems with an extra Winkel in each.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."