Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HKP m42 helmet

Article about: Hello. What do you think about this helmet please? The inside is not original in my mind. Can you confirm me? Thanks a lot

The lack of wear I would say the leather was replaced and installed on a original liner band, as said previously the holes that the liner string goes through are not one bit oblong from pressure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HKP m42 helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Michael , yes the ink stamp puzzled me as well also the fact that the rear seam is not visible strikes me as odd.
    I've also been looking other Muller liners and agree that the stitching is exposed (especially on the lower tongue.)

The hole size doesn't bother me much as it could be the photo angle plus I have a few liners with holes that looks slightly smaller.

But the more I look at the rolled edge of the leather, the more artificial the wear/dirt/sweat looks.

At a quick glance initially I was OK, but then digging in, I'm certainly less comfortable.
    Last edited by MAP; 07-01-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Do you own the Helmet or just asking opinions on it.!
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 07-01-2022 at 10:46 PM.

Hi.
    Just asking opinions on it before purchase.
    But ...
    A member on ebay who sells helmets has exactly the same kind of photos as this helmet seller (same white wall, same cabinet). Definitely the same place.
    Yet the member of ebay lives in the UK , sells a lot of helmets and my seller tells me that he doesnt know these helmets and only has this one for sale and lives next to me in France.
    Something is Bad in this story.
    Moreover, several things bother me from the start with this one... I think I'll keep my money.

Example of UK ebay's seller pics

HKP m42 helmet

... and mine with a "neighbor" who knows nothing about this subject

HKP m42 helmet

but the person agreed to meet me.
    I think this person bought this helmet from the ebay seller, he realized that there was a problem with this one.
    And tries to sell it for less on a nearby sale.
    Thank you all for helping me but I no longer feel confident with this one.

If the new owner has decided to sell the Helmet for whatever reason he/she should take and use their own images instead of stealing images from a former Ebay sales platform.and the fact this Ebayer has been the victim of scammers recently well only wednesday actually.unfortunately Facebook Helmet collecting platforms attract scammers like flies.i've seen a dozen in the last few months.so beware.!!!

I think it is wise to skip this one.

MAP
    ?

Yeah....this smells bad. There are plenty of other helmets out there to buy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Totally agreed. I will do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2