Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

i got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euro

Article about: Hey i recently bought an helmet and wondering it value: here is a little back story the helmet was found in sola in stavanger in norway and after more diging in information the germans built

?

Default i got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euro

Hey i recently bought an helmet and wondering it value: here is a little back story the helmet was found in sola in stavanger in norway and after more diging in information the germans built and airbase right around there with 3 runways And near that it was the headqurters of german fighterplanesforces in norway and since the helmet was found in a barn in the sorounding area around the luftwaffe airbase i got it from a son of a dad who was a child during the war and his dad says it been laying there since the occupation of norway (but used by a german living in the house with the last name anton)
    and after the war he probably forgot it and if i look closely on the liner i will see his full name. but helmet is still in shipping and everythin on it is untouched by that i mean everything is original as the last day in 1945 but built up rust and lost a chin strap while laying in the barn its marked ET64 on the inside and the liner is only fasten on the front but its not even cleaned since the last day the german was there
    i got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euroi got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euroi got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement i got a big understanding of german helmets but hard time puttin a price on this, got it for 85 euro
    P
    Many

Its a salty one, but its completly original, and is only missing its chinstrap. The story and connection is a bonus too. For 85 you did very well!

?

when i get it i will clean it meaby i i will get a part of the decal to show and more paint after washing and scrubing it off

MAP
    ?

I would leave it untouched. While we do not provide monetary evaluations you did very well for Eur85
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree, leave it untouched. In a dry enviroment it shouldnt rust further.

?

i dont mean any rust removal or anything, just like dirt and that stuff.. only water, no chemicals or should i leave it completly untouched? but i mean cleaning by not removing anything just lightly on the outside with water and a sponge

MAP
    ?

I leave them "as is". Others may think a damp cloth is OK.

Don't clean out the the inside.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No-one has asked yet, but has the paint just gone dark over time or is it one of those black flak battery helmets??
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A nice helmet with an interesting story. But that colour font you use is terrible on the eyes and makes for difficult reading, may I suggest that you use white?

Cheers,
    Steve

It looks to be a repaint to me Danmark, the color inside is still an early DD Blue, and there are no remains of the National Shield. It would be interesting to see the side where the decal would have been though!