Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM Helmet wintercamo

Article about: Hi all, I need some help. I purchased this helmet in Norway. This helmets has a KM decal underneath the paint. It has 5 different layers of paint. 1 Feldgrau 2 green 3 black(colour used by K

Default KM Helmet wintercamo

Hi all,

I need some help. I purchased this helmet in Norway. This helmets has a decal underneath the paint and it looks to me it’s a KM. It has 5 different layers of paint.
    1 Feldgrau
    2 green
    3 black(colour used by KM)
    4 red (colour used by KM)
    5 white

So all colours can be used by the German army.

What do you think of the age of the paint is it ww2 or is it post war.
    Norway is known for its painted camos.

I have not yet seen a helmet that is completely painted under the leather in that color, even with the black helmets and camos it is painted up to the liner band.
    Reissues are often completely painted and then get a new color (and decal, but never a KM decal) but I've never seen this color (never say never, I learned that with German helmets).

What’s you opinion?

Gr Stef KM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamoKM Helmet wintercamo
    Last edited by Kruppstahl Stef; 05-07-2023 at 07:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Helmet wintercamo
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Multi layers of post war paint IMHO. Looks like someone also went digging for a decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Multi layers of post war paint IMHO. Looks like someone also went digging for a decal.
    Additionally, the red drip on the inside probably came through the vent hole and the leather has been so heavily oiled it shrank!!
    "FRED" or others inflicted some hurt on what was possibly a nice field repainted, named Thale made M40
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for you reply.

Could have also been used by the Norwegian Army. I have seen plenty of weirdly repainted helmets by them. Contrast to popular belief they didnt always strip the helmet beforehand. If the price was decent, i think its still an intersting helmet.