Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Brothers United?

Article about: Hello Forum, years ago I acquired an M42 which is very likely a Shipboard Grey Kriegsmarine Camo - now, I have found another M42, exactly the same color, similar Inscription in the liner. In

Default Kriegsmarine Brothers United?

Hello Forum,
    some time ago I acquired an M42 which is very likely a Shipboard Grey Kriegsmarine Camo - now, I have found another M42, exactly the same color and similar Inscription in the liner. Interestingly enough I have seen atleast 2 other examples, both found in Norway - one in a Naval base with both the same Paintjob and similar numbers in the Liner. I assume the Units in Norway had a special system for storing them, with the Numbers Indicating a Locker number, or a Soldier? - Maybe they all originally came from the same base, or the Number designates the Unit it originated from, when it was painted? Evidence could suggest they were all painted together.

Only odd thing is the chinstrap - post war addition or War Time replacement? I would like to hear your Opinions on that matter! All Opinions and comments are appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor.

Here the new helmet: CKL 62, 5110 - should be after the decal drop. The Paint ends at the liner, there is some paint on one of the strings of the liner, indicating it was not removed for painting. In comparison with the other one, this one seems little worn with the Paint only showing very light wear.

Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?
    Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?

The mystery Chinstrap - riveted on?

In comparison with my other KM M42, a 64 - has remains of a Heer Decal and the Lotn is too thickly overpainted sadly.

The number on the size 64 Liner - similar writing style, similar pen used, both shine a bit under light.

Here the other examples:

Found in Norway in a Navy base (pics from ghw2) :

Unknown where it was Found, paint could look different because of lighting, inscription quiet similar:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Brothers United?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Interesting observation on the marks in the liner.

Not sure about the chin strap. I've seen others like this but not sure if they are wartime or not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Adravor,

I’d be interested to see how the paint presents in natural sunlight, albeit not too bright.

Thanks,
    Andy

Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?Kriegsmarine Brothers United?

Here some daylight pics - as requested!