Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...

Article about: I will let the adverisement speak for itself "Each lamp is made of helmets, bayonets and bullets from World War II. You can find their numbers on the helmets. It took me three years to

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Did you know this is actually a scam on Facebook been going 3/4 weeks now it seems everyday this is shown usually by a different source each time,apparently chinese scammers.!!!
    +1

These lamps are a scam. Do not buy!!! You will pay via PayPal but then after not receiving the item, you will file a dispute and then the seller/scammer will give a fake tracking number. The case will then be closed in the scammer's favor. PayPal WILL screw you over.

Another reason why I hate PayPal... and especially scammers! If only they could experience what some of the men who wore those bullet-riddled helmets experienced, I wouldn't be complaining as much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...
    P
    Many

They've moved over to Ebay which is just plain stupid when you think about it.you pay you don't receive you get refund end of so what's the point.!!!

Unfortunately, scammers have a lot of tricks up their sleeves, even when it comes to eBay; they can be successful through social engineering and using bogus tracking numbers.

Last year, I bought something on eBay for $600. The seller then impersonated me via live chat with eBay (without logging into my account -- apparently you can open cases this way) and tried opening a case on himself. I wasn't hacked at all, but he convinced the dumb eBay rep that he was me, the buyer. The eBay rep asked what his username was and of course he said mine because he knew that since I bought his item, but when the rep asked for my password, he replied the wrong one since he didn't know and the dumb eBay rep didn't even verify this and I was successfully impersonated...

While impersonating me, the scammer claimed he didn't receive the item that I JUST bought less than an hour before. Obviously this is a HUGE red flag the eBay rep didn't pick up on... the eBay rep simply told him to wait because the tracking provided which was bogus/for something else showed the item was still on its way (I have no idea how the scammer got this tracking number btw). The scammer, then posing as himself (the seller), responded to the newly opened case by saying the item was delivered and the tracking by then reflected that, ONLY 1 HOUR AFTER I BOUGHT THE ITEM. Clearly impossible.

The case was then closed in the scammer's favor since the item was marked as delivered despite all of this happening within an hour from the time of me buying it to it being "delivered"... apparently eBay was being stupid and didn't use common sense to deduce that this was clearly a scam.

So stupid. I logged into my email after the fact and saw notifications from eBay saying I opened a case... I thought huh? And also staring at me in my inbox was the transcript of the live chat convo between the scammer who was impersonating me and the eBay rep whose English was worse than the scammer's, to no surprise...

Just gets worse sorry to hear of this.Ebay are just wrong in this case.did you ever see your cash again.!

So guys, I received something in the mail today. Check this out... I lost $50 buying this, but this is hilarious.

Here's what I ordered:

Here's what arrived (2 months later):

LOL. All plastic. Disconnected and broken wiring. Dollar store quality.

The sender's address is 1206 US-130 Burlington, NJ 08016.

At the expense of $50 I had a good laugh. I'm going to shoot it with my Luger sometime soon and throw it all away. Whatever... life goes on.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    So guys, I received something in the mail today. Check this out... I lost $50 buying this, but this is hilarious.

Here's what I ordered:

Here's what arrived (2 months later):

LOL. All plastic. Disconnected and broken wiring. Dollar store quality.

The sender's address is 1206 US-130 Burlington, NJ 08016.

At the expense of $50 I had a good laugh. I'm going to shoot it with my Luger sometime soon and throw it all away. Whatever... life goes on.
    My Oh My! Why am I not even surprised.

As a kick, I would be interesting if you "try" to get them to honor the 100% Satisfaction Gty
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here’s what the address came up with on Google Earth. Looks like a factory set up especially to make small helmets

In all seriousness, sorry this has happened to you. I’d still be chasing them for the money as this is clearly fraudulent behaviour.

?

Not a new idea, it seems!
    Just found this period photo on eBay…. (I added the yellow cross for seller/buyer’s protection - even though it’s now public domain):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4